Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Activation syndrome

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

Is it usual for symptoms to get worse when you make a cut only being on a short time? I mean, these are still start up symptoms I suppose technically. i mabey thought that they would get better by reducing because the drug hasn't settled yet.

Edited by [jo...]

[Cr...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Is it usual for symptoms to get worse when you make a cut only being on a short time? I mean, these are still start up symptoms I suppose technically.

In a way yes. Even though you cut, you may still be feeling the agitated start-up effects of being on 15 mg for awhile more. At the same time, you may also feel the instant 50% cut. It's weird to imagine, but you could be dealing with effects of an increase and decrease at the same time since both were not minor, but doubling/halving.

If you decide to attempt another AD after this, you may have to put more thought into slowly working your way up.

• Like 1

[Pa...]
On 17/07/2024 at 19:45, [[j...] said:

Just feels like inner agitation. Horrible.

Hey jon,

maybe the dose is to high. I started slowly from 2-15mg. For me 15mg i feel spaced out and extreme agitation. Mirt push Serotonin and Noradrenalin to much of Nor can make you feel very very agitated.

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Hey jon,

maybe the dose is to high. I started slowly from 2-15mg. For me 15mg i feel spaced out and extreme agitation. Mirt push Serotonin and Noradrenalin to much of Nor can make you feel very very agitated.

Are you still on it now?

[Pa...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Are you still on it now?

Yes i Take it since 4 years but just a short time ( 4 weeks on 15mg ). The rest of the time  i take between 2-8 mg. My main problem was very bad sleep after a severe burnout so i start taking it.

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Yes i Take it since 4 years but just a short time ( 4 weeks on 15mg ). The rest of the time  i take between 2-8 mg. My main problem was very bad sleep after a severe burnout so i start taking it.

How did you drop from 15 to 8? Did you do it quick?

[Pa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Yes very quick. I took 12mg for 2-3 days, and then drop to 9-8 for like 4 weeks. I got scale so it was quite easy to take the right dosage. I would try 12mg and then you see if the feeling get better. I feel a instant reliefe from dropping down

[Pa...]
5 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

How long you take 15mg?

[jo...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

How long you take 15mg?

Only 2 weeks but then I dropped to 7.5 2 days ago and I'm feeling it. Agitation is worse, but mabey should wait for brain to adjust.

[Pa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Only 2 weeks but then I dropped to 7.5 2 days ago and I'm feeling it. Agitation is worse, but mabey should wait for brain to adjust.

But you still in Benzo Withdrawal Right?

[jo...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

But you still in Benzo Withdrawal Right?

Yeah. But this is the mirt for sure. It was really bad today. If I hold at 7.5 how long do you think it will take to stabalise?

[Pa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Yeah. But this is the mirt for sure. It was really bad today. If I hold at 7.5 how long do you think it will take to stabalise?

You only on it for 2 weeks so i guess maybe 8-14 days. Or you just do 1mg drop every 1-2 days.

[Cr...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

You only on it for 2 weeks so i guess maybe 8-14 days. Or you just do 1mg drop every 1-2 days.

He went from 7.5 to 15 and was on 15 for 2 weeks until two days ago where he dropped back down to 7.5.

I don't think his symptoms will last that long. If they do, it will likely be very minor after just a few days. Then again, I have not used mirt but I have been looking up reviews/experiences. I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion/misunderstanding about Jonwil's usage.

• Like 1

[Pa...]
5 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

In my experience a slow gradual taper is the key, unless you are feeling very bad and you sure its coming from the Mirt. I would say 8-14 days cause you are still in Benzo Withdrawal where Everything takes a bit longer cause the nervous system is in hyper mode.

• Like 1

[jo...]
5 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

He went from 7.5 to 15 and was on 15 for 2 weeks until two days ago where he dropped back down to 7.5.

I don't think his symptoms will last that long. If they do, it will likely be very minor after just a few days. Then again, I have not used mirt but I have been looking up reviews/experiences. I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion/misunderstanding about Jonwil's usage.

I hope your right Crono. You usually are(y) My head keeps telling me I'm going to be stuck this way. It's a desperate feeling.

[Cr...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

I hope your right Crono. You usually are(y) My head keeps telling me I'm going to be stuck this way. It's a desperate feeling.

Well when has your head ever failed you before? ::)

It may very well be 8 to 14 days like he said, but I imagine that would be mainly for fully stabilizing from the decrease. In a few days your anxiety may go back to what it was at 7.5 before the increase and then you may have another week of a more mild symptom like disturbed sleep, grogginess, etc. 

That is still exponentially shorter than benzo withdrawal eh?

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

It may very well be 8 to 14 days like he said, but I imagine that would be mainly for fully stabilizing from the decrease. In a few days your anxiety may go back to what it was at 7.5 before the increase and then you may have another week of a more mild symptom like disturbed sleep, grogginess, etc. 

I actually dont mind some of those symptoms compared to this agitation. I've been pacing around all day. So so bad.

[Pa...]
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Yes 8-14days, i mean full recovery from the drop.

[jo...]
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I actually dont mind some of those symptoms compared to this agitation. I've been pacing around all day. So so bad.

You think their related? Anxiety and Agitation? There's some similarities but a definite difference also.

Edited by [jo...]

[Pa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

You think their related? Anxiety and Agitation? There's some similarities but a definate difference also.

Its gonna be ok in a few days Trust me. I know this feeling sucks bad, feeling like on speed 24/7. It sounds easier then it is but try to do something. Go for a walk, speak with love ones. I played Videogames 24/7 untill the feeling stops. If i remember correct it was day 7 or 8 when it regulates. You can 100% do this.

• Love 1

[Pa...]
8 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

You think their related? Anxiety and Agitation? There's some similarities but a definite difference also.

What helps me a lot If you want try: Magnesium Komplex from Nature Love that calm down the nerves for a couple hours.

• Like 1

[jo...]

I just read someone say Mirt works on GABA. Is that true?

[Pa...]
6 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I just read someone say Mirt works on GABA. Is that true?

What i know it does not. Is works on histamine.

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

What i know it does not. Is works on histamine.

Thats what I thought. There wouldn't be so many people here on it if it worked on GABA.

[Pa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Thats what I thought. There wouldn't be so many people here on it if it worked on GABA.

I mean its very sedative and make you calm, so no wonder people can think it acts on GABA. 

• Like 1