Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Activation syndrome

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

Mirtazapine is evil stuff. Some of this shit is possibly worse than benzo withdrawl. I can hardly hear out of my right ear it's ringing so loud and I've been pacing around my flat for 16 hours like a scared child. WTF!

Edited by [jo...]

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

To say taking psycotropic medications is the biggest mistake of my life is an understatement if ever there was one. This is not real. This cannot be real.

Edited by [jo...]

[Bo...]

Hi…. Mirt main Facebook group has how to make liquid with pills water and make syrup and you just need syringes that you can ask the chemist for. 
I don’t make my own liquid or would advise but that group is super super super knowledgeable about all of this and can tell you where to find the make your own suspension guide.

what size are your tablets? At this point since you are trying to come off quickly I think eyeballing it as you’ve done bc you don’t need to be so exact of 3.75mg bc you’re then going to zero.

but mirt group on facebook(the one with the multi colored hands and people figures) is best one to give taper advice bc they have every guide imaginable on help for the process and thru anyone tapering from bloodwork to low histamine food to a ton of other info, graphs showing who has experienced what etc, reinstatement if it comes to that , etc.

I’m sorry things are so so rough, mirt is def on a league of its own for some of us unfortunately and even after enduring a hell of a time with benzos …. Didn’t know it could be just as bad until well it was for me. 

if you can’t make it all the way down try not to beat yourself up, if you can get low that’s good too…. You’ll stabilize and then can work thru tapering down. But if you can get to zero before or around 30 days that’s good. For some people the aka is too much to keep dropping, so just keep updated here and def write out what’s going on on the mirt group bc they’ve seen everything for over a decade.

sending hugs 

• Like 2

[jo...]
6 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hi…. Mirt main Facebook group has how to make liquid with pills water and make syrup and you just need syringes that you can ask the chemist for. 
I don’t make my own liquid or would advise but that group is super super super knowledgeable about all of this and can tell you where to find the make your own suspension guide.

what size are your tablets? At this point since you are trying to come off quickly I think eyeballing it as you’ve done bc you don’t need to be so exact of 3.75mg bc you’re then going to zero.

but mirt group on facebook(the one with the multi colored hands and people figures) is best one to give taper advice bc they have every guide imaginable on help for the process and thru anyone tapering from bloodwork to low histamine food to a ton of other info, graphs showing who has experienced what etc, reinstatement if it comes to that , etc.

I’m sorry things are so so rough, mirt is def on a league of its own for some of us unfortunately and even after enduring a hell of a time with benzos …. Didn’t know it could be just as bad until well it was for me. 

if you can’t make it all the way down try not to beat yourself up, if you can get low that’s good too…. You’ll stabilize and then can work thru tapering down. But if you can get to zero before or around 30 days that’s good. For some people the aka is too much to keep dropping, so just keep updated here and def write out what’s going on on the mirt group bc they’ve seen everything for over a decade.

sending hugs 

yeah i was thinking about asking my doctor for the liquid to make smaller cuts. Do you think this is a good idea?

[Cr...]

Hi @[jo...], sorry to read that you are having such rough time with the mirt. Are you still at 7.5 mgs or did you do another cut that caused an increase in symptoms?

I wish I could say for certain what the best course of action would be (fast taper vs slow taper) in regards to coming off but I do not have any experience with this medication and we all have different sensitivities and tolerances.

What I can surmise about coming off is based on what I have read in regards to mirt withdrawal experiences. A slow taper will probably cause you to suffer a lower intensity of symptoms for a longer period of time, while a rapid taper will probably cause you to experience more intense symptoms but for a much shorter period of time. 

Which bothers you more, the intensity or duration of the symptoms? The good news is that a lot of the withdrawal experiences I have read were from people that used mirt for several months or years. Even in those groups many rapidly recovered when they finally got off. 

[jo...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

Hi @[jo...], sorry to read that you are having such rough time with the mirt. Are you still at 7.5 mgs or did you do another cut that caused an increase in symptoms?

I wish I could say for certain what the best course of action would be (fast taper vs slow taper) in regards to coming off but I do not have any experience with this medication and we all have different sensitivities and tolerances.

What I can surmise is this based on what I have read in regards to mirt withdrawal experiences. A slow taper will probably cause you to suffer a lower intensity of symptoms for a longer period of time, while a rapid taper will probably cause you to experience more intense symptoms but for a much shorter period of time. 

Which bothers you more, the intensity or duration of the symptoms? The good news is that a lot of the withdrawal experiences I have read were from people that used mirt for several months or years. Even in those groups many rapidly recovered when they finally got off. 

Hi Crono, I'm kind of having alternating days, couple bad, couple not so bad. Not sure what that signifies.

I'm still on 7.5 as the bad days are a bit much and not looking to make them worse just yet. I have been given the dissolvable tabs to do a slower taper by way of water and syringe if I wish, but not sure how good they are for that, looking for feedback.

I'd like to get off soon as but not sure how I'd handle more dramatic cuts. Mabey do small cuts and see how I tolorate them and go from there.

[Cr...]
12 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Hi Crono, I'm kind of having alternating days, couple bad, couple not so bad. Not sure what that signifies.

I'm still on 7.5 as the bad days are a bit much and not looking to make them worse just yet. I have been given the dissolvable tabs to do a slower taper by way of water and syringe if I wish, but not sure how good they are for that, looking for feedback.

I'd like to get off soon as but not sure how I'd handle more dramatic cuts. Mabey do small cuts and see how I tolorate them and go from there.

I understand. Those alternate days of symptoms may make it difficult for you to accurately gage how well even small cuts are actually affecting you. 

A 10% to 25% cut should be pretty easy to do if you dissolve in 10 mls of liquid. What is easy to endure will be entirely up to your own symptom tolerance. 

You plan on doing your first cut tonight or are you holding in hopes that things level out more?

[jo...]
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I understand. Those alternate days of symptoms may make it difficult for you to accurately gage how well even small cuts are actually affect you. 

A 10% to 25% cut should be pretty easy to do if you dissolve in 10 mls of liquid. What is easy to endure will be entirely up to your own symptom tolerance. 

You plan on doing your first cut tonight or are you holding in hopes that things level out more?

I've been pretty stable today after a terrible day yesterday. I was thinking maybe hold a little and see what happens. I was thinking about doing 1mg cuts. The doctor who prescribed recommended waiting a week between cuts which I was suprised by. Usually they want to rip you off fast.

Edited by [jo...]

[jo...]

If I were to stick with the normal pills what do you think the quickest way off is? 1 month on. 7.5mg for 5 days up to 15 for 2 weeks, back down to 7.5mg for 9 days.

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

Maudsley deprescribing says dont taper for longer than you were taking the drug right? If you've benn taking it less than a month. So Should I taper over 1 month.

Edited by [jo...]

18 hours ago, [[B...] said:

How are you going with this now Kate? I read this thread as I have been thinking about trying mirtazepine as am feeling desperate with lack of sleep and akathisia and overall fatigue. I’m not really functioning. 

I can off a small dose of mirtazepine several years ago - insomnia for one month and then was fine apart from some subtle word finding difficulties 

Ive seen lots of people come off mirtazepine. The recovery from what I’ve seen tends to be linear so I think you can breathe that sigh of relief 

Hi, @[Bu...], sorry to hear you're not functioning. I read in the chat room you had some good things coming to you, right? Hope you'll have more and more of them!

I can't say i've no issues concerning coming off mirtazapine. I have but none of what i've had could be compared to my coming off benzo. Mirt withdrawal has been quite bearable so far, not without some nasty moments though. And i'm still in benzo wd. I do make allowance for it.

I think antidepressants can help but they should be taken only if it's kind of unavoidable. I think i couldn't have parted with benzo without mirt. I'm still grateful to it. And whatever side effects, i felt its help almost from the first intake.

Thank you for your reassurance, Bunny! I really need it and greatly appreciate. Speedy recovery to you:classic_smile:

[Bu...]
On 31/07/2024 at 00:34, [[j...] said:

To say taking psycotropic medications is the biggest mistake of my life is an understatement if ever there was one. This is not real. This cannot be real.

Same

i truly understand 

[Bu...]
On 31/07/2024 at 00:15, [[j...] said:

Mirtazapine is evil stuff. Some of this shit is possibly worse than benzo withdrawl. I can hardly hear out of my right ear it's ringing so loud and I've been pacing around my flat for 16 hours like a scared child. WTF!

Scared child - that’s me so much of the time . If only I had a Time Machine…….

Hi again, @[Bu...]. I've looked through your history. It sounds familiar, meaning long covid. I'm 100% sure it's the cause of your sensitivity to medications. For me it was the same. I was also in benzo tolerance then and it grew through the roof in no time making my life quite unbearable.

I agree with you I'd not risk taking new medications, especially now. My long covid consequences somehow resolved over time as well as my condition noticeably improved.

You say your symptoms are changing, it's a good sign and i hope with all my heart you will soon get better!

[jo...]

Any pill cutting advice please. I only have household equipment. Thank you!

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

Any one who taperd mirt. How long before you felt the cuts? Just cut 7.5 to 3.25.

Edited by [jo...]

[Bo...]

Depends on how you metabolize…. I’m ultra rapid and felt changes right away but then up and down over span of a month or 5 weeks when it was too much of a cut.

usually 5 days is when body recognizes change of dose in normal metabolizers… builds to two weeks in from what mirt groups says feels first of it and then at 3-4 weeks the tail end of the cut hits again for some, if doing cut and hold. That’s just majority of what people say. Again we all metabolize differently .

8 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Any pill cutting advice please. I only have household equipment. Thank you!

I did the cutting with a kitchen knife, by eye. Not always even oieces but for me, it was enough.

7 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Any one who taperd mirt. How long before you felt the cuts? Just cut 7.5 to 3.25.

I usually felt a cut about two+ days later. 

• Like 1