Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Done clonazepam taper need to get off antipsychotic need advice

[En...]

I understand my question isn't benzo related but I feel this is similar as it is a psyc med. I am hoping someone can chime in.

I have finished my clonazepam taper about 2 weeks ago. I have been going through a wave this week with anxiety,headache, brain fog etc.. 

I am looking for advice here. I need to get off Nozinan which is an antipsychotic. It was prescribed to me by my Dr when I was having major anxiety and akathisia at the start of my tapering. I take 2mg twice a day. These pills are very small they fit on the tip of my finger. 

I want advice on a couple things here:

1) Should I wait until I feel stable from clonozapam withdrawl before I even think of stopping AP?

2) When the time comes should I taper off AP or can I just stop it? My Dr has told me I should have no problem just stopping the AP as it is not like clonazepam and isn't addictive. 

3) If I need to taper what plan should I go by? The same as clonazepam 5 to 10% every 2 weeks? I could do what I did with clonazepam and file the pill down and measure with a scale? The pills are very small but I feel I could do that.

Any advice is appreciated. I have an idea of what I should do to move forward but I am looking for advice. I am also concerned stopping AP now would cause me a withdrawal increase as I have a sensitive CNS.

Edited by [En...]