Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Memory Issues

I’m currently on 112.5mg Effexor, 15 mg buspar, 150 Wellbutrin and .5mg klonopin. I usually only take .25mg klonopin, as I don’t feel the need to take the other half of the pill most of the time. Over the last 6 months or so I’ve noticed I sometimes I blank out on names or words when I need them. I don’t leave my keys in the refrigerator or get lost while I’m driving or go totally blank (I’d be really scared if that was happening), but this forgetfulness is bothering me. Klonopin has been a godsend for my panic attacks the 2 years I’ve been on it. Anyone have memory issues like me on such a small dose of klonopin? Heck- maybe it’s the Effexor? My psychiatrist thinks I should stay on the klonopin. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks. 

Hi, @[...], and welcome to BenzoBuddies! Sorry to hear about your memory issues. I think most probably this can be caused by the mix of all your medications. Clonazepam might be the key reason. Not sure since we all react a bit differently to everything and you've not been taking it for too long. I had smth of this kind while being in the acute phase of benzo withdrawal. I also think your issue could have had something to do with a long term stress, if any.

It's really good your benzo dosage isn't big. Just my opinion - however helpful benzo may seem, i'd not stay long on it but tapered first off all. It's an extremely treacherous pill and can cause lots of unpleasant things. Of course, it's up to you. 

Good luck!) I hope other members will join in and share their opinion as well.

• Like 1