Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anxiety strategies

[En...]

What are some things people do to distract themselves from anxiety.

I get anxiety in the morning about a  hour after I wake up until about 4pm. I will watch a comedy show on TV but that can be annoying to me as it is hard to watch TV when I have anxiety. I also will go for walks but that seems to work for about an hour after the walk and I get anxiety again. I have changed my diet again as I found this actually seemed to work for the intensity of the anxiety. 

It is difficult to distract myself I can do this for very short periods of time then a wave will hit me. Just trying to get through the day can be a big challenge. 

What is your experience with anxiety and how you may cope with it? 

[Go...]
42 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

What are some things people do to distract themselves from anxiety.

I get anxiety in the morning about a  hour after I wake up until about 4pm. I will watch a comedy show on TV but that can be annoying to me as it is hard to watch TV when I have anxiety. I also will go for walks but that seems to work for about an hour after the walk and I get anxiety again. I have changed my diet again as I found this actually seemed to work for the intensity of the anxiety. 

It is difficult to distract myself I can do this for very short periods of time then a wave will hit me. Just trying to get through the day can be a big challenge. 

What is your experience with anxiety and how you may cope with it? 

Just an idea, but maybe try creating more structure in your days. I think sometimes not knowing what to do next or how to occupy your time/distract can create even more anxiety. It may seem over the top, but try planning out your day ahead of time, very specifically, hour by hour. 

Example:

9am (idk what time you wake up): wake up and make breakfast

9:30: go for a walk

10: do a puzzle

10:30: journal

Obviously fill it in with the things you normally do/like to do. But that way throughout the day you are always busy and you know what to do next. 🤷‍♀️

[Le...]

Constantly do stuff until you recover more was my solution. havent slept and feel like crap?  do stuff anyhow. 

simple stuff. rake. weed the gardens.  simple mindless stuff. 

it isnt a cure but its better than sitting still even when you think you are too tired to do any more. 

• Like 1