Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Going to the dentist! HELP!!

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

I googled it and apparently using nitrous is called “boffning” in Sweden?? 😂 idk

No. "Boffning" is slang for sniffing. Like sniffing gasoline/all types of gas, for example.

[in...]
2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

No. Not if you want to heal. Or don't think so.

Why do you need benzos to go to the dentist??

Because I'm really scared. I hate going there lol.

• Like 1

[jo...]

If your going to take something try something thats not a benzo. Not sure what though. Maybe others have used something else with success.

[Le...]
25 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Because I'm really scared. I hate going there lol.

you are in the process of getting clean. doing things without benzos will be pretty necessary from now on. 

dentistry should seem like nothing after enduring WD. Thats how I feel now anyhow. Im bulletproof. 

Even while recovering I did that stuff and realized it made little difference. Miserable at home or in the dentist chair. Little difference. 

• Like 2

[ji...]

ive had dental surgery twice while tapering.  i was given benzos both times. but i have servere dental anxietiy.  ive had a pretty servere panic attack in the dental chair a while back.  im even put to sleep for regular cleanings.   im not happy about it, but it is literally the only way they can do work on me,  wishing you the best.~~jill

[PE...]
12 hours ago, [[G...] said:

I googled it and apparently using nitrous is called “boffning” in Sweden?? 😂 idk

Yeah kids are using it. "Boffa" is the name for sniffing glue and such.

[PE...]

If you really need to take something, take an opiode instead IMO.

[Le...]

just use nothing. the answer is always use nothing. people want a solution for every discomfort these days. if it doesnt kill you it wont make you stronger but it wont kill you. you will be fine. 

• Love 1

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

just use nothing. the answer is always use nothing. people want a solution for every discomfort these days. if it doesnt kill you it wont make you stronger but it wont kill you. you will be fine. 

The problem is I won't be able to sit still in that chair. What about my tensed jaws? I press my teeth together when I'm stressed out.

[vo...]
3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

people want a solution for every discomfort these days

That's exactly what got us into this mess in the first place, right? lol!

[Fa...]
9 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[Le...]  I can see you are a straight-shooter.  Sometimes, it can be exactly what we need to hear.  Other times, it can feel harsh, subjective and with a feeling of judgment attached to it.  Sometimes 'tough love' can feel very triggering while in very vulnerable states.  It sounds like you are more than familiar with great suffering.  We all have different thresholds.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
[ha...]

I'm sorry you have such a problem. Maybe it is better to call to the clinic you are going to visit and ask them about the possible solutions. The last time I had to visit a dentist, I contacted aspen dental, and I should say, I calmed down after they explained me everything.

Edited by [ha...]

[Ja...]

I I had the same problem a few week back with an abscess and tooth pulled,what I done was from my daily dose of 8 mg that I split into 3 doses a day

i weighed a little bit of each dose and made an extra 1mg for half hour before the dentist 

it worked better than I expected actually,and days before I was a worrying stressful mess with the abcess

It never really unsettling me ether messing with my dose a touch,I got right back to the schedule the next day