Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

i jumped today at 1mg valium

[ga...]

after about 6 months of use of librium 25mg daily(equivalent to about 10mg valium) and the occasional .5mg ativan, i tapered for two months by reducing 2.5-5mg (1-2mg valium equivalent) every two weeks, i then switched over to valium for the end of my taper and did 1mg for two weeks. i have now finished the 2 weeks and today is jump day. im scared, i feel okay so far but not taking a pill every night like i have for the last 6 months is weird. what should i expect from here? i know the risk of seizure is quite low but im still worried about it

[Go...]
3 hours ago, [[g...] said:

after about 6 months of use of librium 25mg daily(equivalent to about 10mg valium) and the occasional .5mg ativan, i tapered for two months by reducing 2.5-5mg (1-2mg valium equivalent) every two weeks, i then switched over to valium for the end of my taper and did 1mg for two weeks. i have now finished the 2 weeks and today is jump day. im scared, i feel okay so far but not taking a pill every night like i have for the last 6 months is weird. what should i expect from here? i know the risk of seizure is quite low but im still worried about it

I think the state of mind that you have going into this can have a huge effect on how it goes. As they say, if you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you can’t. The mind is powerful. No one can tell you exactly what to expect, but I think you can expect that there may be difficulties. Before you get there, do what you can to assure yourself that you have what it takes to overcome whatever obstacles you face on this journey. You can do hard things. You are capable of more than you know. You just have to believe that. 

[Os...]

Congratulations on making it to this point. You may feel scared, but there are so many people who have passed through this forum that have done what you’re doing and made it through. I will be where you are in a month or so!

[En...]
10 hours ago, [[g...] said:

I jumped off clonazepam after a 6 month taper 2 weeks ago. It was scary to do that as I didnt know what to expect. There will be good days and there will be challenging days. When we are off the medication our brains can now completely heal. When we have the flu we feel awful. This is a body response to healing. Same goes for this when we are healing we feel awful. It will pass and we will be better than ever. 

Congratulations on your journey.