Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Will I Still Heal ?

[Ca...]

Thankyou for accepting me.  My Dr took me off Valium 15mg CT 9 months ago and the symptoms were so bad and were getting worse.  He reinstated me back to the 15mg and it has taken a month to stabilise me.  I have no anxiety now but still have really bad physical pain throughout my body from the initial CT injury.

My question is, will the initial neurological injury, caused by the CT,  continue to heal, now that I'm taking Valium again?

I will be tapering off this dose properly, in about 6 months. Please no judgement. Thankyou.

[Pa...]

Hello @[Ca...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

No judgement here, we're all in the same boat, just trying to survive and find our way out of the worst experience of our lives.

I don't know for sure but I'm hopeful that as you continue on the Valium your pain will lessen because as far as your body is concerned, you're getting back to what it knows as normal.  Valium takes a long time to build up in our bodies so I believe you'll continue to feel relief even though you've already been taking it for a month. 

I hope you've educated your doctor about tapering, are you planning to reduce by about 5-10% every few weeks or do you plan to let your symptoms guide your reductions?

We're glad you're here and hope we can answer your questions.

@[Pa...]

• Like 1

[Ca...]
Posted (edited)

@[Pa...] I found a benzo wise Dr who has worked out a 2% taper plan and he said it's up to me if and when I want to start.  I was very well when I was taking valium and so wish that I had never stopped taking it in the first place.  I think if people are feeling really well on benzodiazepines, my advice, stay on them ! 

Edited by [Ca...]

[Pa...]

I agree @[Ca...], no one should be forced off of these medications, especially if those advising them don't know what they're doing, which we see a lot.

But, the trouble is once our body experiences withdrawal, its difficult to go back home again so we have to get off and stay off which as you know is difficult.

I'm glad you found someone to help you, I hope it goes smoothly.  And I hope you'll let us know if you feel less pain as the weeks go by and I'll be very interested in knowing how your taper goes.   

• Like 1

[Ca...]

@[Pa...] thankyou !! I feel so great today and panadol is managing the pain.  I honestly feel so much better back on them. Almost 5 weeks now :)

• Like 1