Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bisoprolol advice

[Fa...]

Hi guys ! I hope you are well, I have been free of xanax for 4 and a half months, the symptoms are hell but especially the psychological ones, now I am also dealing with strong palpitations, my mother gave me bisoprolol, is there any risk in this medication? Thank you so much

[Cr...]

Beta Blockers may be helpful to use for treatment of specific physical symptoms from benzo withdrawal. Many members have used them and will attest that they helped with withdrawal symptoms like rapid or irregular heart rates.

The risks are not that high compared to psyche meds, and most of the negative aspects come from the potential side effects which you can find online.

Rather than just taking a medication your mother handed to you, it would be better to see a doctor about your heart issues and ask about getting a prescription. You said you are having a lot of trouble with psychological symptoms. Well beta blockers do very little, if nothing, for mental anxiety but they can help for the physical symptoms of anxiety. 

That may still make it a helpful medication because if it can quiet some troublesome physical symptoms that may make it easier for you to handle the mental ones.

[Fa...]
20 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Beta Blockers may be helpful to use for treatment of specific physical symptoms from benzo withdrawal. Many members have used them and will attest that they helped with withdrawal symptoms like rapid or irregular heart rates.

The risks are not that high compared to psyche meds, and most of the negative aspects come from the potential side effects which you can find online.

Rather than just taking a medication your mother handed to you, it would be better to see a doctor about your heart issues and ask about getting a prescription. You said you are having a lot of trouble with psychological symptoms. Well beta blockers do very little, if nothing, for mental anxiety but they can help for the physical symptoms of anxiety. 

That may still make it a helpful medication because if it can quiet some troublesome physical symptoms that may make it easier for you to handle the mental ones.

thank you so much crono you always help ! Yes, in two days I have a medical check-up, I'm going to take the opportunity to get a prescription, yes, the worst are the psychological symptoms, extreme anxiety and depression, I don't want to take any medication, but the palpitations and tremors are terrible