Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Almost believe that this is my life

I feel so exhausted slept on and off a few hours last night got a few symptoms today it is like they are always there ears are constant for days now, every little noise even drinking and eating is heightened, haven't washed for 3 days can't bare to any thing on my skin hoping this will pass

[pi...]

Hello @[...],

For what I understand, you are very early off a CT of diazepam, correct? Right now, at this stage, the symptoms can be strong, awful and challenging. Sleep is also elusive and the flight/fight response is high. That being said, these things will ease up with time, as you central nervous system gets over the shock of the cold turkey. This is your life right now, at this moment, but it is not your future life. 

Now is the time to try to find ways to distract, to move away from thinking about withdrawal day and night. It’s difficult but doable. Can you find something’s to distract with that don’t stimulate too much? I did crossword puzzles and read very easy reading books. 

this tough period isn’t forever, it is not your future life. 

• Like 1

@[pi...]thank you for your reply I understand how tough it is going to be and I must give myself patience I do puzzles and read but I don't like being on my own when it gets really bad in case I have seizures, I have to keep going forward and be positive as I am a positive person but some of the symptoms are horrendous and go on for hours as you know making it hard to think straight when you are having them 

[Re...]

Hello @[...]

I remember the first few months of recovery and I felt almost exactly the same as you do (I dropped a massive amount of alprazolam real fast). By the way, this was not that long ago...
I can recall I could not even eat with others, I could not sit through a lunch or dinner. Not because of bad manners.... Quite often any louder sound or stronger light made me feel physically sick (I am actually serious).

As my recovery progressed I experienced easing of these symptoms and they got better on their own: soon I was able to watch movies, news, use the computer, I joined the Forum. One by one I regained my capabilities, as weeks, months progressed. Just like me, you will get gradually better as well.

Until I reached this point in recovery I did very light daily excersise (treadmill, walks), listened to some light podcasts, learned how to make good tea. I absolutely agree with @[pi...], puzzle games, light hearted books are ideal ways of distraction. 

You have such a wonderful attitude, I see that, doing all the right things! :) You are doing a great job @[...], just hang in there :)

• Like 3

@[Re...]yes I know having read some of the recovery stories it's a healing process and every body is different I just have to allow my body to heal in it's own time and rest when I can eat healthy and try to move around thank you for your reply 

• Like 1

@[En...]thank you I know you going through this aswell I'm going to get some fresh air today and change my clothes not going to dwell on things, got to stay positive this can't last forever with support we will get through this just keep yourself busy and do what works best for you, and any advice is advice welcomed 👍

• Like 2

[pi...]
3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Ever consider how trying to distract from something seems to make you think of it. I really recommend not trying to distract. Find things that need doing and do them. 

Actually no, distraction was key for me getting through the rough times. I found spending time doing crosswords, playing scrabble, even teaching, took me out of my head and allowed my attention to be on something else. 

• Like 1

@[En...]I did thank you I made it to the back door for fresh air and my partner helped me change and freshen up 

• Like 1

[Le...]
1 hour ago, [[p...] said:

Actually no, distraction was key for me getting through the rough times. I found spending time doing crosswords, playing scrabble, even teaching, took me out of my head and allowed my attention to be on something else. 

missing my point i think