Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Jealousy

[Cr...]
40 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I'm jealous of other peoples GABA receptors. I walk around the store wishing I was anyone else in there but me. Of course we dont know what other people are suffering but you can't help thinking you have it worse. 

I imagine a police report coming in about a robber in your neighborhood. A reporter asks victims if the robber was asking for wallet, jewelry, or car keys.

"Nope, he demanded I hand over something called Gaba receptors!"

Weirder to imagine if the robberies were successful.:classic_blink:

• Haha 4

[Cr...]
4 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

It will be difficult to decide when is a good time to get off that pill. 

That is true. You may feel great next month and decide that is a sign it is time to start the next taper. Should another wave hit, you might mistake it for wd symptoms from this AP med. Even if you don't assume that, it could still be hard to determine the full cause of your symptoms, benzo wd...AP wd... or a combination of both.

You may find benefit in beginning a very low level micro-taper. Like if you were on 35 mgs of a med, you cut down by just 1 mg (instead of 10%, 3.5 mgs). That would probably not be enough to cause any significant symptoms, and it may also feel like a moral victory for you.. as you feel you are still moving towards your ultimate goal even with benzo wd feels like it is brought all your plans to a halt.

• Like 1

[En...]
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

That is true. You may feel great next month and decide that is a sign it is time to start the next taper. Should another wave hit, you might mistake it for wd symptoms from this AP med. Even if you don't assume that, it could still be hard to determine the full cause of your symptoms, benzo wd...AP wd... or a combination of both.

You may find benefit in beginning a very low level micro-taper. Like if you were on 35 mgs of a med, you cut down by just 1 mg (instead of 10%, 3.5 mgs). That would probably not be enough to cause any significant symptoms, and it may also feel like a moral victory for you.. as you feel you are still moving towards your ultimate goal even with benzo wd feels like it is brought all your plans to a halt.

I am taking 2mg twice a day they are very small pills. My Dr says I can just stop them as they are not addictive and I shouldn't have any issues. It will be hard to shave these pills down they fit on my fingertip. 

[Cr...]
13 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I am taking 2mg twice a day they are very small pills. My Dr says I can just stop them as they are not addictive and I shouldn't have any issues. It will be hard to shave these pills down they fit on my fingertip. 

Liquid suspension. You crush the whole pill into a solution every time your next dose is due, and slowly subtract a few milliliters over time.

The process takes more time than simply breaking and swallowing a pill but it still helps to occupy your time.

You may also be fully capable of coming off quickly with no withdrawal issues. With that being the case,  you can just set it aside for the future when you feel more mentally/physically capable of handling small risks.

[or...]

I don't know why, but at a very early age, I learned about what people show in public, or on social media doesn't tell the whole picture.  To me it's a place where folks talk about all the good, happy pictures, parties they gave, dances, marriages, having a babies, then doting on them with "proud parents and proud granparents" sharing photos.

But like in the fairytales I read as a child, those are the parts of people's lives that are shown in public places.  No one else knows what goes on behind closed doors.  I don't envy others, I may get so tired of seeing all the bragging, I'm human after all, and the things I don't get to do, places I'll never probably see etc.  Lovey dovey relationships that look so perfect, but common sense tells me no one has the perfect life.  Lots of money doesn't make a person feel fulfilled or happy.  I'm sort of glad I don't have a lot of money, although sometimes I wish I had more, but that's rare I feel that way.

I wish sometimes I didn't have to deal with a benzo taper/wd sxs, but the truth is, this experience has made me stronger, and showed me I can overcome things I never dreamed I could.  I don't know why I feel so good when life is so different than I ever thought it would be. I don't think I ever thought getting to age 71 was going to come so fast.  I know what it's like to feel bad about certain things that change, things I wish we still had around us but seems like one thing is taken away,  another thing comes into my life that I never dreamed of having.  Peace of mind is a welcome replacement for something I feel I lost, or lost out on.

I remember thinking how unfair it was when I saw an old school chum with her husband saying "I just love Us".  I was so upset and lonely, but I got over it and realized all I have.  I know hurt and pain of decisions I made in my life. 

I am more glad for people now that have more than me, or appear to.  I have a future, and I believe it will be good, ups and downs, life will still happen, but before I learned I was sick because of my dependence on a benzo, now I have hope to be free of that, and get more quality of life, oregonlady :hug: PS you might be like me and find you have a different perspective on all the social things you enjoyed before, I know I do as I get older, and like to think maybe a bit wiser about the truly important things in life ;)

• Like 2

[vo...]
5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

It is wild to think that benzos initially caused us to become more social and capable of doing normal, everyday things without fear. 

Then tolerance and withdrawal hits, and now the treatment worsens the symptoms it was meant to help with.

I wish there was a way to warn everyone who was considering benzos as the answer to their anxiety/panic  attacks or maybe PTSD. I wish we could save everybody who doesn't know the hell they are going (or might) to have go through with this pain. 

• Like 2

[En...]
59 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

I wish there was a way to warn everyone who was considering benzos as the answer to their anxiety/panic  attacks or maybe PTSD. I wish we could save everybody who doesn't know the hell they are going (or might) to have go through with this pain. 

If only I knew what was in store for me long term I wouldn't have taken it. This drug has ruined my life long term. The consequences of taking this drug far outweigh the benefit. 

• Like 2

[Kr...]
On 14/07/2024 at 15:37, [[G...] said:

I think the same goes with pretty much anything: if it’s putting you in a bad place mentally or emotionally, get rid of it! 

Does this go for people, too? Just get rid of them?

Maybe I should start thinking more black and white instead of grey?

It makes sense since we’re such a disposable society now. Royalty did it, if the kings feast wasn’t tasting so good on any given day, the chef was killed immediately then replaced.

[Go...]
8 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Does this go for people, too? Just get rid of them?

Maybe I should start thinking more black and white instead of grey?

It makes sense since we’re such a disposable society now. Royalty did it, if the kings feast wasn’t tasting so good on any given day, the chef was killed immediately then replaced.

@[Kr...] hard to tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I’ll respond anyway. I think if there are people in your life who cause you mental and emotional distress, you are not required to subject yourself to that. That’s not to say that there won’t be people in your life that you disagree with or don’t get along with, but you do not have to allow those people into your inner circle. Making the comparison to killing someone is startling, but I’ll just leave it at that. 

[Mi...]
On 14/07/2024 at 13:40, [[B...] said:

I'm really struggling with this and other emotions at the moment, I can't go on social media without feeling really strong emotions as everyone is so busy and I'm just stuck. It's so upsetting as I wasn't like this before and hate it. Also I seem to be becoming very anti social even with my nearest and dearest . The longer this goes on the worse I get. 

I, too, have been dealing with overwhelming emotions recently. It sometimes feels like an obsession. 

Have you told your nearest and dearest what you’re going through? I struggled with this for months, and am still definitely withdrawn, but I’ve slowly been opening up to my people about this experience. I’m sure if you lean on them they’ll be there for you. 

I recently had someone close to me tell me something along the lines of, “If you’re at 30% that’s totally fine, let me make up the difference.” It might be the last thing you want to do, but maybe your close ones can be that 70% you don’t have right now.  

Edited by [Mi...]