Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Did people find their symptoms subsided over a couple of days or all at once?

[Bi...]

Today I am feeling much better. The last 10days I have had an intense wave where it feels like nearly every symptom I've had at all has shown up at some point with rapid cycling as well as PMS but, despite that, the most of this week (except two nights - triggered by anxiety and things during the daytime) I have had a solid night sleep which is more than I have had in a short space of time since before I ended up in withdrawal as insomnia has been a tricky symptom. Then today, as period started (which is often around the time I end up in a window) I feel fantastic. Real cloud 9 window - like they had been feeling more often in the last few months, though not every time, and I do feel a bit more together and better this time, I also am feeling hungry and eating more today than I had done at all throughout the withdrawal so far.

But, I had a brief anxiety about if it was a mistake to have something immediately after eating it (it had sugar in it and I worried after some posts on here about sugar) and since then I have noticed so many tiny symptoms pop up for 30secs to 1min each for most of them, before disappearing again. I had read before of people having 2 or 3 days, or a week, of symptoms popping up very briefly but disappearing. I was out before this and have been home and a bit more relaxed, so that could also explain why I hadn't noticed anything earlier in the day. 

I am 28months free of benzos, and have had lots of comments recently about how much more myself and brighter I seem at times, days where I do feel so much more like me, so we had been hopeful I would escape symptoms soon. But I am not understanding how hard it is to gather if this is a bit of a window, could this be related to final healing or are my symptoms just drifting away slowly and a few other things healing over the top? Were those tiny little symptoms popping in for such a short time just caused by the brief anxiety, as now I am very clear headed again a lot of them are gone. Very confused. 

• Like 1

[Pa...]

Lots of questions @[Bi...], but not many answers because we're all so different, we can't assume what one goes through will mean the same for another.  

I'm happy to hear you've been getting positive feedback, it sounds like others are beginning to see the end of your suffering, even if you're not sure its happening.  

I've heard members talk about the rapid cycling of symptoms towards the end of their journey, some believe its means recovery is right around the corner, I have no idea if this is true but it seems like you're noticing some definite improvement.

[PE...]

For me it symptoms subsided slowly over time. Like a slow moving train.

No windows or waves in 9 months. So it's really individual 😊

Edited by [PE...]

[Bi...]

Ah okaydokes, thank you @[Pa...] and @[PE...], that makes sense. I will just try to keep being hopeful and see where things go, as no way of knowing for sure until I have a longer spell free of symptoms. Equally, I am a terrible overthinker without all the withdrawal so just my own worst enemy for making it all more confusing.

• Like 1

[Cr...]

If there was a blood test that could tell you if this was just a window or if you are finally recovered, would that make any difference overall in how you go about your day or what you eat? Whether you feel good for just a few days, a few weeks, or are finally recovered... take these good moments and utilize them to the fullest.

Always remember that even once fully recovered we are not immune to the normal ups and downs of life, be it physical or mental strife. For some people it is easy to tell when WD ends and normal life takes over, for others it has been so long since they felt normal that they may forget what their natural anxiety (or other symptoms) felt like.

Unless you are planning on making major life changes soon, there is no good reason to over-think your situation in an attempt to apply a label. Whether some future anxiety is natural or the last remnants of withdrawal, it should not make much of a difference if you just take it in stride and live your life :thumbsup:

• Like 1

[Bi...]

Oh, if only there was a blood test or some clear factor to show if it was the final recovery or a window. It is a pain and probably an annoying trigger for anxiety which just brings it back onto me at times, but we have to get there somewhere. 

I guess, as I have epilepsy and at the beginning of the withdrawal I was having seizures every single day (like during the wave I just had, I only had two days seizure free), but then last month it has finally gotten down to having 15days seizure free, I am hopeful that I will get down to barely any like I did before all this when things are fully healed or at least symptom free. (I was put on benzos for seizures, but even before the benzos I only had a seizure every 3months)

I am moving in the next few months which no doubt will cause some anxiety, so we shall see how that all goes. 

Thank you @[Cr...]

@[Bi...]I can relate to some of what you say as I too was put on benzos for my seizures ordinary but it became a ficous cycle for years I had 15 seizures in week 2 had to be taken into hospital were they upped my anti seizure medication that's the only thing that bothers me lack of sleep and stress I'm trying really hard to relax as I'm only 4 weeks in 

[Bi...]
Posted (edited)

Ah that's fair @[...] the seizures that aren't caused by the meds in the first place do complicate this stuff. Are you still having an increased number of seizures?

Edited by [Bi...]
wrong word