Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Very tired today

[En...]

I woke up tired this morning. I think I slept ok last night. It seems no matter how much I sleep it feels like I am not getting any sleep. I have a headache to go along with it. I have some anxiety this morning as well. Mornings are always the worst as we all know. I try to distract myself. This helps being able to write down my feelings. Support on here helps too. To read others are going through the same things. Misery loves company. I just have to get through the day today like yesterday. One day at a time. The feeling of being so tired is hard to get through the day. I have to go through this in order to heal. I want to feel good again and that thought keeps me going. I know one day I will feel better. Get back to my normal life again. 

• Like 2

[En...]

What can be done to help cope with this? It is a tiredness I have never felt before. I almost nod off and sounds can startle me. I feel like my sleep has not rejuvenated me at all. I also am feeling nauseous. 

• Sad 1

[Pa...]

It sounds like you've got fatigue, my friend experienced that too which is weird to me since I was amped up not fatigued.  I've heard its miserable, just no energy even with a decent amount of sleep. 

• Like 1

I'm right there with you @[En...]been feeling like this for a few days now it's so hard to relax but I try to get through 1 day at a time or 1hr at the moment trying to distract myself 

• Like 2

[En...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

It sounds like you've got fatigue, my friend experienced that too which is weird to me since I was amped up not fatigued.  I've heard its miserable, just no energy even with a decent amount of sleep. 

I have had fatigue through this taper but it is extreme these past couple of days. I have always felt tired but this feels like I got no sleep even though I do. I have zero energy and have a bad headache to go with it. I will try to go for a walk and see if that helps. It is hot outside so I dont know if that is a good idea. Maybe just go outside and sit in the shade.

[Pa...]
14 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

It is hot outside so I dont know if that is a good idea. Maybe just go outside and sit in the shade.

Yeah, maybe just sit in the shade, you don't want to get nauseous from the heat. 

• Like 1

@[En...] I'm a 4 weeks in and had a window and it seems to have come back it has sucked the life out of me at least on here people understand what you're going through like yourself I have no energy got to let it pass 

• Like 1

[Bl...]

Hi there @[En...]. I have been  suffering fatigue today but everytime I try to nap, a thought wakes me up with an accompanying adrenal surge. It's a really cruel symptom. I feel exhausted but can't sleep, so I just try to keep myself awake. Sometimes it gets too much and I end up in a rage, as I can't cry being on a TCA. This has been happening since I tried to withdraw from the Clomiprimine, I feel as if I've gone backwards in my recovery. I hope it ends soon, as it's exhausting. This morning I took 10mg Promethazine as I was so agitated but it then caused the tired and wired, can't win. If it happens again in the morning I may try 5mg. I had got rid of this symptom once, but it's back with a vengeance. It's so hard. I hope you feel better soon. Are you in the UK?. 

@[Bl...]I know how you feel I keep myself awake till I drop off to sleep I slept in and out of the symptoms last night it was awful I am in the UK but at least the palpitations have eased of for a while 

[En...]
15 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hi there @[En...]. I have been  suffering fatigue today but everytime I try to nap, a thought wakes me up with an accompanying adrenal surge. It's a really cruel symptom. I feel exhausted but can't sleep, so I just try to keep myself awake. Sometimes it gets too much and I end up in a rage, as I can't cry being on a TCA. This has been happening since I tried to withdraw from the Clomiprimine, I feel as if I've gone backwards in my recovery. I hope it ends soon, as it's exhausting. This morning I took 10mg Promethazine as I was so agitated but it then caused the tired and wired, can't win. If it happens again in the morning I may try 5mg. I had got rid of this symptom once, but it's back with a vengeance. It's so hard. I hope you feel better soon. Are you in the UK?. 

I am in Canada. 

I try not to nap during the day as it will ruin my sleep pattern. I just tough it out and go outside once in awhile. I am staying away from sugar and caffeine. The funny thing is I can sleep but it feels like i didnt sleep. Even a headache like you get when you dont get enough sleep. I am hoping this goes away in the next couple of days on a new diet. Maybe it is what i have been eating as i was watching my diet and felt better then went back to drinking tea and eating ice cream as it is hot here. 

Hope you feel better soon. We are all suffering through this. Not much we can do. 

• Like 1

@[En...]yep I have had to change my diet I gave up caffeine and sugar, processed foods sticking to fresh vegetables and fruits and protein rich foods plenty of water and decaf tea so it helps me sleep when I can sleep but I have always had a good diet it's sleep that really effects me don't want it to trigger of my seizures 

• Like 1

[Cr...]
On 14/07/2024 at 12:41, [[E...] said:

I have always felt tired but this feels like I got no sleep even though I do. I have zero energy and have a bad headache to go with it.

Now that you are finally off clonazepam, your body is probably more hard at work than ever bringing order and balance back. You know how when we get sick the fever/fatigue are side effects of the body fixing the problem? I like to believe that is also the case when recovering from changes made by medications. The downregulation is the "infection".

Whether it be a side effect from certain sections of the brain/nervous system currently undergoing maintenance or from your body utilizing so many essential vitamins and minerals during the homeostasis process I do not know.

What I do know is that this withdrawal symptom is common and temporary. Don't feel pressured to counteract it (caffeine or forcing yourself to be more active than capable).

• Like 1

[En...]
17 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Now that you are finally off clonazepam, your body is probably more hard at work than ever bringing order and balance back. You know how when we get sick the fever/fatigue are side effects of the body fixing the problem? I like to believe that is also the case when recovering from changes made by medications. The downregulation is the "infection".

Whether it be a side effect from certain sections of the brain/nervous system currently undergoing maintenance or from your body utilizing so many essential vitamins and minerals during the homeostasis process I do not know.

What I do know is that aa a withdrawal symptom is common and temporary. Don't feel pressured to counteract it (caffeine or forcing yourself to be more active than capable).

I have gone back to my diet. I am feeling better I think today. I am staying away from sugar and caffeine. I read a good article about adrenal collapse and the diet you need to be on during this time. I strayed away from the diet. I want to give my body the chance it needs to heal. 

[Cr...]
11 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I strayed away from the diet. I want to give my body the chance it needs to heal. 

Don't be afraid to sneak in a slice of pizza or a corn dog. As long as the healthy diet is the bulk of what you eat, you should be fine. Much better than the opposite where people mostly eat junk food but because they eat a carrot twice a week deem themselves as eating "healthy".

Moderation, proportion, and balance are key.

• Like 1

[jo...]

I've become a big fan of dark chocholate which I never thought I'd here myself say. I buy th 85% cocoa lindt brand. don't know if you get that were you are but I can eat as much as I want with no reaction. I consider it a treat now.

[En...]
35 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I've become a big fan of dark chocholate which I never thought I'd here myself say. I buy th 85% cocoa lindt brand. don't know if you get that were you are but I can eat as much as I want with no reaction. I consider it a treat now.

We all need a treat during this time. It is too bad this pill took so much from us and gave us very little. It seems to affect every aspect of our lives. 

• Like 2

[Cr...]
11 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

We all need a treat during this time. It is too bad this pill took so much from us and gave us very little. It seems to affect every aspect of our lives. 

Almost like a lopsided contract made with a greedy lender when we were vulnerable.

Under the terms, it will take away our anxiety for awhile, but we must pay that back later on by suffering anxiety that is 10x more intense in addition to taking on many new symptoms. Benzos can be like high interest loans that overwhelm people later on.

Withdrawal is the banker that takes possession of our jobs, quality if life, relationships, etc.. and holds them hostage until the debt has been paid in time and suffering.

• Like 3

[jo...]
12 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Yeah it's tentacles reach pretty far.

[Cr...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah it's tentacles reach pretty far.

Told you to stop watching inappropriate Japanese shows Jon. They are affecting your responses now.::)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

Told you to stop watching inappropriate Japanese shows Jon. They are affecting your responses now.::)

(y)

[En...]
11 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Almost like a lopsided contract made with a greedy lender when we were vulnerable.

Under the terms, it will take away our anxiety for awhile, but we must pay that back later on by suffering anxiety that is 10x more intense in addition to taking on many new symptoms. Benzos can be like high interest loans that overwhelm people later on.

Withdrawal is the banker that takes possession of our jobs, quality if life, relationships, etc.. and holds them hostage until the debt has been paid in time and suffering.

My Dr told me there is a price to pay for feeling good with any drug. This price is quite a high price to pay. High interest loan indeed from a loan shark. 

[Cr...]
9 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

My Dr told me there is a price to pay for feeling good with any drug. This price is quite a high price to pay. High interest loan indeed from a loan shark. 

Yep. The same could be applied to a night of drinking. Feel extra relaxed/content today by stealing most of the positive feelings from tomorrow.

On 14/07/2024 at 09:25, [[E...] said:

I woke up tired this morning. I think I slept ok last night. It seems no matter how much I sleep it feels like I am not getting any sleep. I have a headache to go along with it. I have some anxiety this morning as well. Mornings are always the worst as we all know. I try to distract myself. This helps being able to write down my feelings. Support on here helps too. To read others are going through the same things. Misery loves company. I just have to get through the day today like yesterday. One day at a time. The feeling of being so tired is hard to get through the day. I have to go through this in order to heal. I want to feel good again and that thought keeps me going. I know one day I will feel better. Get back to my normal life again. 

I watched a YouTube video featuring Andres Sørensen that I found helpful. He included fatigue in his discussion of withdrawal symptoms, and explained that it takes a lot of energy for the body to rebuild its receptors. I find that comforting somehow. He suggested thinking of all withdrawal symptoms as healing. I try to do that, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. Good luck with your healing. We are all trudging along. 

• Like 1