Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

23 months out, no end in sight

[Sc...]

My brain has become so fragile that even a tiny bit of stress sends me to wave every single time. Along with that anhedonia kills me each second. 

Chest pain, breathlessness, insomnia and stomach issues are among the other severe symptoms. 

I just want to lose and go away. 

[Ye...]

Hello @[Sc...], I haven't taken Klonopin for almost 16 months and I still have the same anxiety, the same anhedonia and the same anger as the last 15 months. Obviously it will have an end but when? Because at this moment there is still no change in sight that would make you think about that ending 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤔😤

Edited by [Ye...]

[pi...]

@[Sc...],

Stress causes physical symptoms in people,who have never taken benzos. It’s the body’s way of reacting to the stressful situation. I am so sorry that you are still going through this process at 23 months. Unfortunately, recovery takes longer for some people. I have seen many people come through the forum who did in fact  recover after a long struggle. You just never know when healing is right around the corner.

Although it’s hard to eliminate stress, try to find ways to decompress. Of course, seek help if your thoughts get dark. 

One of my friends used to vomit before every performance. She learned to accept the nerves and stress, to allow it to be there knowing it could not harm her. I used that technique myself when dealing with withdrawal anxiety and panic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

My brain has become so fragile that even a tiny bit of stress sends me to wave every single time. Along with that anhedonia kills me each second. 

Chest pain, breathlessness, insomnia and stomach issues are among the other severe symptoms. 

I just want to lose and go away. 

Almost exactly the same here. 21 months. Only I have stomach pain instead of the chest pain.

Just walking still revs me up.

Much better than the first year. We'll get there.