Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A case of real disinformation and harmful tapering advice

[b5...]

[be...]

My doctor did me this. But I didn't hav choice.. Chance oxepam too why in hell I hav been thinking. Is this video for doctors?

[Pa...]

Thank you @[Do...], I appreciate the fact that the algorithm asks questions for decision making but it doesn't ask enough questions and the tapering timelines are too short if the person has severe symptoms.  This method would not work for the majority off our members. 

[b5...]
1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

the algorithm asks questions for decision making but it doesn't ask enough questions

One of the questions is "did you have previous anxiety or depresion disorder? if yes, keep taking benzos for ever"....

Edited by Guest

[Re...]

There are some serious issues with this recommendation. I doubt there is any level of understanding of benzodiazepine dependency and withdrawal, coming from someone who claims to have researched the issue (and apparently, they did). They recommend to taper the elderly, who are the most helpless and also most likely developed dependency after many years of use....

I am really happy we have The Maudsley Depescribing Guidelines as of 2024.