Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hypersensitivity is horrible

[be...]

Certain sounds are like scratching a chalkboard to me. Like when someone drops a plastic bottle or slams the door, it really scratches my eyes and it drives me nuts. Is anyone also like this?

• Like 1

[jo...]

I get sensitivity in my ears if I pick up something like a crisp packet or something that crackles or scrunches. It's not great. I feel the inside of my ear kind of flickering.

[S_...]

@[be...] yes I used to be like this during my acute it was terrible I had to wear ear plugs for months ! Even the sound of water and my own voice would hurt my ears I had to talk really slow and everything was just super loud. The slightest sound felt like a stab to my brain 

• Like 1

[in...]
18 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Certain sounds are like scratching a chalkboard to me. Like when someone drops a plastic bottle or slams the door, it really scratches my eyes and it drives me nuts. Is anyone also like this?

Trust me, I feel the exact same thing every day. I'm super sensitive! As if walking around really slowly without any balance wasn't enough! 😅 I'm 37 days out!

[Le...]

The slightest noise caused pain for me in acute. Even a clock ticking. 

[Re...]
On 13/07/2024 at 08:00, [[b...] said:

Yes, I was just commenting on another thread about this. The phone ringing, a dog barking, music--no headphones for me anymore or earbuds now that I know more about ear health. Loud talkers -- OMG. Especially in enclosed spaces, their voices are like screaming in my ears. And then I think I can't ask them to talk quietly. It is a nightmare. This is for sure one of my worst symptoms. I am sorry you have it too. It seems to be pretty common but knowing that doesn't take it away.