Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anxiety today

[En...]

I have been feeling pretty good the past little while and haven't had too much anxiety lately however anxiety has hit me pretty hard this morning. I am also shakey. I get waves of anxiety pretty intensely. I keep telling myself this will pass but it is difficult to go through this. I just need some support today. I am also very tired and have a headache. I took my last clonazepam dose almost 2 weeks ago.  I thought I was through the worst of it all. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this @[En...]I'm going into my 4 week with out Diazepam and 36 hrs ago I had serve anxiety and withdrawal symptoms again today I got checked by the doctor every thing is fine they can't do anything for me except keep checking up they said it will lessen with time but it doesn't seem like much reassurance at the moment you are going through it you are doing so well just keep going one day at a time don't be afraid to ask for help or ring helplines to get you through 

• Like 2

[je...]

I’m sorry these waves are so terrible. I’ve read Claire Weekes has some books on anxiety that members have mentioned are really helpful.

• Like 1

[jo...]

I used to get this level of anxiety every day. Now its more sporadic. It does get better. Your probably tired of hearing that I know I am:LOL: But if you are already having good periods it might not be as bad for you. I had no good spells really for the first couple of months. Maybe the odd day. You'll be ok. Usually it dies off in the late evening.

Edited by [jo...]
  • Like 1

[En...]
34 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I used to get this level of anxiety every day. Now its more sporadic. It does get better. Your probably tired of hearing that I know I am:LOL: But if you are already having good periods it might not be as bad for you. I had no good spells really for the first couple of months. Maybe the odd day. You'll be ok. Usually it dies off in the late evening.

I have had this anxiety before but not for awhile. It does subside as the day goes on. With this anxiety I have no appetite. I normally have a healthy appetite and love to eat. I hope you have more good days than bad very soon. I am  grateful for the good days. Thank you for your support. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

I have had this anxiety before but not for awhile. It does subside as the day goes on. With this anxiety I have no appetite. I normally have a healthy appetite and love to eat. I hope you have more good days than bad very soon. I am  grateful for the good days. Thank you for your support. 

When I'm that anxious I can't eat much either. I usually wait until night when it has calmed and then raid the fridge. I do drink a lot of water on those days though and piss about 100 times a day. Very annoying.

• Like 1

[En...]
42 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I’m sorry these waves are so terrible. I’ve read Claire Weekes has some books on anxiety that members have mentioned are really helpful.

The waves are bad but they are not as frequent as some seem to suffer on here. I am grateful for that. I feel so tired it is hard to stay awake. I have had the tiredness and head pain for awhile but not the anxiety. I can handle the physical symptoms it is difficult to handle to anxiety. Thank you for your support.

• Like 1

[En...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

When I'm that anxious I can't eat much either. I usually wait until night when it has calmed and then raid the fridge. I do drink a lot of water on those days though and piss about 100 times a day. Very annoying.

Same here I eat better later in the day and have zero appetite during the day. I will force a banana or apple or have a couple pieces of toast and peanut butter but I have to force that down. 

I like to go for walks but I am very tired today with no energy. I wont push myself on days like today I find it makes things worse. I will relax today and take it as a wave day and wait to feel better. I tell myself it will get better and it keeps me going. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[E...] said:

Same here I eat better later in the day and have zero appetite during the day. I will force a banana or apple or have a couple pieces of toast and peanut butter but I have to force that down. 

I like to go for walks but I am very tired today with no energy. I wont push myself on days like today I find it makes things worse. I will relax today and take it as a wave day and wait to feel better. I tell myself it will get better and it keeps me going. 

You've got the right mentality I think. When things are really rough try to take it easy if you can. Some people think that pushing yourself at these times will have some benefit, but I'm with you that there is more chance of making yourself worse. The more you can relax your system the quicker the symptoms will subside.

• Like 1

[En...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

You've got the right mentality I think. When things are really rough try to take it easy if you can. Some people think that pushing yourself at these times will have some benefit, but I'm with you that there is more chance of making yourself worse. The more you can relax your system the quicker the symptoms will subside.

Agreed. From experience I know this to be true. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]
4 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Anxiety often did that for me too. I could barely eat anything. Helpful if one needs to lose some weight, but in my case I was approaching underweight.

As odd as it may sound, the anxiety often feels at its worst when you have not been used to having it for awhile. When I had anxiety for days on end, all the symptoms were still uncomfortable and intense but I was less 'afraid' of them by that point, which is good because feeding anxiety fear makes the symptoms even worse.

It can't harm you. Whether you comb your hair feeling severe anxiety or no anxiety, it makes no difference as long as your hair gets combed. Just saying that you don't need to bring your life to a halt if you accept the presence of the anxiety.

• Like 1

[Bu...]

Sorry to hear this. I can relate. Two mornings ago I woke to a four hour intense anxiety that was nothing like I had ever experienced before. Nothing in nature could make you feel that bad. 

it’s so cruel/inhuman. Feels like you’re not at all in control of emotions. I’ve heard it be called chemical anxiety. 

leaves you tired

really hope you’re starting to feel better

before Benzos I was a morning person. 

if and when this hell ends it will feel amazing to be in control of our emotions again. 

might a breathing exercise help you now? 

• Like 1

Hello, @[Bu...], and welcome to BenzoBuddies! Thank you for the comment. It really feels great when the benzo induced chemical anxiety is over! Feel free to start a new thread of your own if necessary. Good luck!)

[Le...]
20 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I have been feeling pretty good the past little while and haven't had too much anxiety lately however anxiety has hit me pretty hard this morning. I am also shakey. I get waves of anxiety pretty intensely. I keep telling myself this will pass but it is difficult to go through this. I just need some support today. I am also very tired and have a headache. I took my last clonazepam dose almost 2 weeks ago.  I thought I was through the worst of it all. 

congrats on finishing your taper Eng. a few weeks after seems to be a tough time for many. 

[En...]
35 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

congrats on finishing your taper Eng. a few weeks after seems to be a tough time for many. 

Yes I see we all suffer. I will not go backwards I have actually got rid of the extra pills I had so there is no temptation. I have been drifting from my diet and have been drinking tea and ice cream since it is hot outside. I didnt eat much yesterday I had no appetite and this morning I feel a little better. 

We all need to be strong in this time. We need to be there for each other to help us heal. We need to learn to appreciate the good days and be strong in the bad days. 

Thank you for your support. 

[En...]
10 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Anxiety often did that for me too. I could barely eat anything. Helpful if one needs to lose some weight, but in my case I was approaching underweight.

As odd as it may sound, the anxiety often feels at its worst when you have not been used to having it for awhile. When I had anxiety for days on end, all the symptoms were still uncomfortable and intense but I was less 'afraid' of them by that point, which is good because feeding anxiety fear makes the symptoms even worse.

It can't harm you. Whether you comb your hair feeling severe anxiety or no anxiety, it makes no difference as long as your hair gets combed. Just saying that you don't need to bring your life to a halt if you accept the presence of the anxiety.

Acceptance of the symptoms helps me get through the day. You are right the anxiety is worse when you haven't had anxiety for awhile. On those days I try to be good to myself and be easy on myself. Give myself a break from the daily things I do. I am in my head most of the day convincing myself distracting myself from any negative thoughts. Just trying to get through the day. 

I am grateful I have good days. I feel I am lucky. Some on here suffer every single day. I feel for those people. It is difficult to live with this daily with no break. I was like that a few months ago. I have my faith to help me through. I have changed going through this. I dont take any good days for granted. People like yourself help me immensely. Your words help so much. You make everything make sense and help with accepting this. 

Thank you for your support 

[En...]
6 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Sorry to hear this. I can relate. Two mornings ago I woke to a four hour intense anxiety that was nothing like I had ever experienced before. Nothing in nature could make you feel that bad. 

it’s so cruel/inhuman. Feels like you’re not at all in control of emotions. I’ve heard it be called chemical anxiety. 

leaves you tired

really hope you’re starting to feel better

before Benzos I was a morning person. 

if and when this hell ends it will feel amazing to be in control of our emotions again. 

might a breathing exercise help you now? 

I do breathing exercises and it does help. I spend most of the morning doing that. I also distract myself by looking outside at nature. I watch the squirrels and rabbits running around chasing eeach other. I look at the trees and the sun shining off the leaves. I will go outside and feel the warm sun. Sit in my chair on my deck and just look around. I have flowers and lilac trees in my yard. Helps to distract. When I feel better I go for walks. I find that helps as well. Listen to music on my headphones.

I hope you feel better soon. It is a difficult time to go through but in the end it will make us stronger people. I know this experience had changed me for the better. 

Thank you for your support