Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Normal Blood Pressure with high heart rate?

[be...]

My blood pressure is now normal (118) but my heart always races. It is like 110 when I sit and 120 when I stand up. What is gonna happen if your blood pressure is low but hr is high?

[kn...]

I have had lifelong high PB, am on meds for that and also have cardiomyopathy. You might consider seeing a cardiologist or NP for a check up. HR is an issue that does need addressing.  It can be caused by many things, though. Caffeine, stress, etc are all factors. You’re fortunate to have your BP under control. Make sure that you check it in a resting state ie.  sitting for 10 min. My HR does fluctuate widely at times. I’m 73 and doing fine with the exception of the whole benzo thing, so I don’t think you incurred any severe damage. For peace of mind, get it checked. Not everything is related to benzo WD. Be well, friend. 

[be...]
2 minutes ago, [[k...] said:

I have had lifelong high PB, am on meds for that and also have cardiomyopathy. You might consider seeing a cardiologist or NP for a check up. HR is an issue that does need addressing.  It can be caused by many things, though. Caffeine, stress, etc are all factors. You’re fortunate to have your BP under control. Make sure that you check it in a resting state ie.  sitting for 10 min. My HR does fluctuate widely at times. I’m 73 and doing fine with the exception of the whole benzo thing, so I don’t think you incurred any severe damage. For peace of mind, get it checked. Not everything is related to benzo WD. Be well, friend. 

I can't take any meds. I'm so sensitive to all meds. I got burning skin sensations and panic attacks when I took tyrenol and some other meds. i'm just so scared.

• Like 1

[kn...]

So sorry to hear that. Genetic testing has shown much the same for me. Try to search out natural ways to work with what you’re going through. Meditating twice a day has pretty much saved my life. There are apps to follow, find a book and teach yourself, or join a group if you dare go that route. Homeopathic stuff has saved many. If you can do it, a bit of walking or exercise will strengthen heart, and over time serve to lower HR. Yoga helps do the same. All these will also divert and distract from benzo agony. Best of luck. 

• Like 1

[PE...]

Exercise is great for lowing HR. If it's possible for you. But having a bit high is not as bad as high BP. I think it's just the stress from the wd..