Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Are stress setback that are bad

[Lo...]

Do bad stress setbacks like acute style , do we still heal from them , I have no idea how this stress down graded all my receptors 

[pi...]

I don’t believe that stress downgraded your GABA receptors. You mentioned a pretty significant stressor in your life, those things can create a wave or setback, but do not affect the receptors. Getting past the event or whatever was the cause will help your nervous system to settle down. Finding a way to decompress, whether through breathing techniques, meditation, therapy or other modalities can help the system recover. 

• Like 3

[Lo...]

@[pi...] I’m almost worst than acute and the stressors was resolved strait away it’s been nearly 5 months 

[Re...]
On 12/07/2024 at 12:05, [[L...] said:

Do bad stress setbacks like acute style , do we still heal from them , I have no idea how this stress down graded all my receptors 

I got thrown out on my ass by my relative who was caring for me and money was cut for my expenses including physical therapy basically overnight. It was extremely high stress and it did not cause many spikes. Maybe here or there a spike in muscle pain or a small akathisia spike that required ice. I still have them here and there. I had to literally move and pack my things in four days and have been homeless for weeks and knock on wood I am not any worse. I am also not any better.  But at least I am not worse. I have had to move four times since the last week in May and I am handling it. I would not have been able to handle this a year ago or even six months ago.

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 1