Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

about to jump at 1mg valium and im terrified

[ga...]

so i was on librium and ativan for a few months, i tapered with librium for two months, going down 5mg every two weeks.. i got down to 5mg which is the lowest dose and switched over to 2mg valium for the end of my taper, i have now been at 1mg for 2 weeks, am i safe to jump? what’s the seizure risk from here 

[je...]

There’s no seizure risk at 1mg Valium. I know jumping is a terrifying thought. I was there myself. How have been feeling as you tapered down from 5mg?

[ga...]
32 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

There’s no seizure risk at 1mg Valium. I know jumping is a terrifying thought. I was there myself. How have been feeling as you tapered down from 5mg?

some minor headaches and anxiety but nothing too horrible. my main concern is jumping which i’m supposed to do tomorrow. thank you for reassuring me there is no risk of seizure after getting down to 1mg. 

[je...]

It sounds like your taper has been fairly good up to now. Ashton said you can jump anywhere between 0.5 -1mg Valium. So you’re in the safe range. If it will make you feel better you can make one more cut to 0.5mg. But either way I’m sure you’ll be fine. I was also stressed about jumping but it was uneventful. There were no acute symptoms. My symptoms stayed the same.

[ga...]
12 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

It sounds like your taper has been fairly good up to now. Ashton said you can jump anywhere between 0.5 -1mg Valium. So you’re in the safe range. If it will make you feel better you can make one more cut to 0.5mg. But either way I’m sure you’ll be fine. I was also stressed about jumping but it was uneventful. There were no acute symptoms. My symptoms stayed the same.

i have the option to reduce to .5 for a week as i don’t have enough for two weeks, do you believe that would be beneficial or is it better to just jump off since ive hit the two week mark with the 1mg

[Pa...]

Given you're a little nervous, I'd opt for reducing to .5 for a week @[ga...], but I agree with @[je...], you're in the safe range now and given how your taper has been thus far, I don't expect any major symptoms, just a bit more of the same for the next little while. 

• Like 1

[pi...]

I agree with both @[Pa...]and @[je...]. The seizure risk is a non factor at this level. I also wonder if it would be a good plan to reduce to .5 before jumping off. There is no real rush. I actually had a rough taper because my doctor and I were learning together, but I did wait and jump off at .25mg diazepam.