Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tylenol/ibuprofen for fever

[Lu...]

So I have awoken today with some kind of stomach flu.. go figure.
nausea, diarrhea, horrible body aches and now have a 101.7 fever. I think I should probably take a fever reducer. Does anyone know which is least likely to cause my other symptoms to flare up? Any advice would be great thanks. 

[Ma...]

Tylenol. Feel better ❤️‍🩹 Remember to hydrate even more.

• Like 1

[Lu...]
7 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Tylenol. Feel better ❤️‍🩹 Remember to hydrate even more.

Thank you Mary, hope you are doing well friend ❤️❤️

• Like 1

[Pa...]

You sound pretty miserable @[Lu...], one thing I've seen members mention is they don't notice their withdrawal symptoms so much when they're feeling like you are.  Are you getting a break at all, has the flu blunted your symptoms?  I hope so. 

[Lu...]

@[Pa...] hey Pam, thank you for checking in 😊 definitely having a rough day for sure. it has worsened the burning skin and nerve pain but I must say it has been an alleviation of some mental symptoms which is strange but welcomed. One pain lessens another as they say. 

it also seems I have lost my ability to rationalize situations. I think the trauma of this whole ordeal has me always expecting the worst and catastrophizing. Instead of coming to the logical conclusion that I have a flu my brain immediately starts convincing me I have meningitis or some other worst case scenario and I need a hospital,It’s a quite exhausting way to think. 

haha rant over

[Pa...]

I'm happy to hear some mental symptoms have lessened, but of course you're catastrophizing, this is what we do and you're right, its exhausting!  I hope you get over this quickly and rant all you want, I do. ::)

[On...]

I have yo admit that fans and ice have also been a godsend. I think the thermostat in our bodies can be affected in this gaba and neuro recovery.

However don't rule out getting antibiotics if possible infection is cause. 

Stay well 🙏 ️ 

[Ma...]

@[On...] Antibiotics cause enormous problems for most of us in w/d or who have been injured by benzos.

I know you mean well, but it’s important not to be prescriptive here.

[Pa...]
3 hours ago, [[M...] said:

@[On...] Antibiotics cause enormous problems for most of us in w/d or who have been injured by benzos.

I know you mean well, but it’s important not to be prescriptive here.

Hi @[Ma...], I agree, its important not to be prescriptive but I don't see a suggestion of not ruling out antibiotics in case of infection as being that, I see it as common sense.  Yes, antibiotics can be problematic for those in withdrawal and recovering but they should be considered if someone has a serious infection.