Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taper help please!

I'm Somewhat confused on the Xanax/Valium conversion. Some research points to 1mg X=10mg V. Some point to 1mg X=20mg V including Ashton. Others are in between the two. Dr. Wants to start me on a 10 mg V taper in place of my 1 mg X. Too low?

Also, anyone have taper experience with either crossing over gradually or swapping all at once? Which is better? I'm aware V is longer acting and will help w/ my interdose withdrawals on X.

I know everyone is different, but 
thanks in advance for any input and hope everyone is doing well 😁

[je...]

I would go with Ashton for crossing over purposes. That was her area of expertise. IMO you’ll be severely underdosed on a 1mg to 10mg conversion rate. 

It is also not recommended to directly cross over because Valium takes a while to build up in your system. If you don’t cross over gradually it will likely feel like a cold turkey until a couple of weeks when the Valium takes effect. That is why Ashton developed her tables to demonstrate how it should be done gradually.

Just now, [[j...] said:

I would go with Ashton for crossing over purposes. That was her area of expertise. IMO you’ll be severely underdosed on a 1mg to 10mg conversion rate. 

It is also not recommended to directly cross over because Valium takes a while to build up in your system. If you don’t cross over gradually it will likely feel like a cold turkey until a couple of weeks when the Valium takes effect. That is why Ashton developed her tables to demonstrate how it should be done gradually.

Thank You! 

• Like 1