Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Titration AD

[jo...]

Hi, Im currently on 15mg of mirt. I am considering titration up to 22.5mg. Any advice or experience. Never really had much experience cutting pills etc. Was thinking going up a couple of ms's a time maybe. Thanks.

[Cr...]

I think @[...] said she slowly titrated from 15 to 30mgs. I think it is late where she lives but I am sure she will gladly share the method and rate she used.

What are the pills you currently have? 15 mg? They are available in 7.5 mg tablets as well so if you secure some of those you would be able to easily split them in half to increase at 3.75 mgs at a time. If you quarter then, 1.875 mgs.

• Like 1

Yes, i increased mirt dose very slowly and it was my own idea. Just didn't feel well when rushed things. It was at the same time as i tapered off of benzo. I simply cut pills by eye with a kitchen knife, sure not always even and didn't have a definite system. I'm really bad at tapering but it somehow worked for me. It took me about 3 months to go from 15 mg up to 30. Not sure everyone should do it that slowly. Perhaps 3,75 mg every week or two is enough.

[jo...]
17 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I think @[...] said she slowly titrated from 15 to 30mgs. I think it is late where she lives but I am sure she will gladly share the method and rate she used.

What are the pills you currently have? 15 mg? They are available in 7.5 mg tablets as well so if you secure some of those you would be able to easily split them in half to increase at 3.75 mgs at a time. If you quarter then, 1.875 mgs.

There only available in 15 and 30 mg I think..