Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Opioids during withdrawal

[vo...]

@[le...] hi. I'm just a "newbie" here and my situation is a bit different than yours. I am 12 mos. into withdrawals from xanax. I started taking Ambien after I weaned of xanax in July 2023 because I couldn't sleep. That was before I discovered this group. A couple of months ago I discovered that taking Ambien during the day reduced my wd symptoms so I keep taking it. Now I have to wean off of it because the GABA receptors are similar to benzos, so one of the members here is helping me taper off. Had I known this, I wouldn't have started taking it.What a vicious cycle!

I just don't want to see you realize that they keep the benzo wdl symptoms down too, so you keep taking them like I did with Ambien. I hope one of the experts here will jump in and help you. I just saw your post and it made me think of what I did, before I discovered this group. I don't want to see the same happen to you :-)

[PE...]

It doesn't effect the brain the same way as benzos so i believe healing is possible. I would be careful for not taking it to often though. I had a codeine pill from my mother a few months ago while things were still bad and yes it masked symptoms almost completely. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
2 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

It doesn't effect the brain the same way as benzos so i believe healing is possible. I would be careful for not taking it to often though. I had a codeine pill from my mother a few months ago while things were still bad and yes it masked symptoms almost completely. 

@[PE...] I took codeine and it made me throw up. Was it a high dose you took?

• Haha 1

[PE...]
7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Yes to much my friend. Opiates cause nassua and vomiting on high doses. 

• Like 1

[PE...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Yes to much my friend. Opiates cause nassua and vomiting on high doses. 

8 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I took enough to feel better but not enough to vomit. I can't check what it was bc she's out of them. Next time be careful..

• Like 1

[le...]
On 11/07/2024 at 17:45, [[v...] said:

@[le...] hi. I'm just a "newbie" here and my situation is a bit different than yours. I am 12 mos. into withdrawals from xanax. I started taking Ambien after I weaned of xanax in July 2023 because I couldn't sleep. That was before I discovered this group. A couple of months ago I discovered that taking Ambien during the day reduced my wd symptoms so I keep taking it. Now I have to wean off of it because the GABA receptors are similar to benzos, so one of the members here is helping me taper off. Had I known this, I wouldn't have started taking it.What a vicious cycle!

I just don't want to see you realize that they keep the benzo wdl symptoms down too, so you keep taking them like I did with Ambien. I hope one of the experts here will jump in and help you. I just saw your post and it made me think of what I did, before I discovered this group. I don't want to see the same happen to you :-)

Thankyou

[le...]
On 11/07/2024 at 23:44, [[P...] said:

Thanks man 

I am being careful and am very aware around opiates..

They did give me relief and time for my body and mind to get some rest.

Had some left over from a recent surgery so wallah a bit of ✌️ 

• Like 1

[Le...]
On 11/07/2024 at 08:47, [[j...] said:

all opiates often make people sick if they havent used them before. I really wouldnt recommend getting involved with more drugs. Not only are they horrible for you but  you are very vulnerable right now. anything that offers relief could very quickly lead to overuse and addiction. All things that tax your body will slow your healing. 

I also have a pet theory about a “benefit” of Benzo WD. As you are basically tortured by the WD anxiety you are learning many little things that reduce it. Mental coping mechanisms and once through recovery these skills could make you even calmer than before if you make it. 

I am way more resilient than I was. I know everyone who read lots of my posts is likely thinking “He is pretty crazy still” but you didnt know me before :).  I was quite the ding a ling at times. Life stuff adds little to my stress levels now. 

• Like 1