Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Stomach cramping & daily windows and waves

[Ma...]

Hi Buddies!

I just wanted to know, can the beginnings of Valium withdrawal cause stomach cramping in the mornings and the occasional diarrhoea? My stomach is usually pretty good. 

Also I’ve been experiencing windows and waves daily, up and down like a rollercoaster, can this be normal with Valium withdrawal/addiction?

I haven’t started my reinstatement and taper yet, still getting my Valium PRN twice a week which I don’t think helps me. 

[kn...]

I’m tapering diazepam and have been for almost three years now. Yes, stomach cramping and nausea agree with the symptoms I have had. Diarreah not so much. For me- usually constipation. Ritz crackers and ginger tea helped me. 

• Like 1

[Ma...]
12 minutes ago, [[k...] said:

I’m tapering diazepam and have been for almost three years now. Yes, stomach cramping and nausea agree with the symptoms I have had. Diarreah not so much. For me- usually constipation. Ritz crackers and ginger tea helped me. 

Hi knackered, thank you, I’ll try Ritz and ginger tea.

[Pa...]

I saw this question on your other thread but thought I'd answer here.  I don't think its Valium specific, stomach cramps and nausea are pretty common symptoms, and like @[kn...], I've seen more people have issues with constipation over diarrhea but its certainly possible.