Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Last 1mg Valium advice please

[da...]

I started from 35mg Valium eqv. and I am on my last 1mg now. I am doing a 0.25mg tapering every 2 weeks from 2.5mg to 1mg (now). Usually things got stabilize around Day 10 but it is different when I reached 1mg. It is the most acute waves so far and still not stabilized after 2 weeks. The WDs are so awful such that it is no way to proceed. I am going to stay 1mg until I feel better.

But my question is, do I have to face the same thing in future cuts? Or, instead of making small cuts, should I make a jump on 0.5mg or possibly 0.75mg ? I saw most of our BBs jumps from 1mg-0.5mg. Also as suggested by Ashton manual, we should not do a very slow tapering in the last stage.

Can anyone give me some advice, or share how they deal with their last stage of tapering? I need some hope (and plan) to look forward to, and help me to get through this awful wave

[Ma...]

If it were me and I wasn’t getting better after 2 weeks I would probably jump at that level. You could try cutting to .5 but I doubt it’s going to get any easier at this low a dose.  I definitely wouldn’t hold any more - you are at a sub therapeutic level. 

• Like 1

[da...]
Posted (edited)

@[Ma...]
Thank you for your reply. I am feeling better today.
So making it to 0.5mg has no point and only prolong the healing, am I right?
I do think making it to 0.5mg will be as tough as jumping straight from 1mg.
Should I jump the 1mg now, or I should wait few more days and jump after I get some relief?

Edited by [da...]

[Ma...]

You have to be comfortable with what you are doing.  I would personally jump.  Others may just to cut to 0.5 for a couple weeks and then jump.  What I would really hate to see you do is stay at this really low dose, not stabilize or have a few bad days, and then consider an updose.  I’ve seen this happen when people get to the really low doses because it becomes a little bit of a mind game.  We’ve held on to this crutch for so long and it can be hard to completely let go.  Like a baby bird leaving the nest.  If you start having thoughts about updosing, the better choice is going to be to jump and let time heal you.  

• Like 2