Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hope and keep 💪 strong

[On...]

I am dually diagnosed (multiple if gets labelling theory 😆). I have a life story of prescribed and then recreational/addictive use of benzodiazepines, reflective is self medication/management of mental health/symptoms. Used it first to come off a bad period with alcohol, and also was given it as a inpatient in hospital. 

My last period was a long time off and on mixed benzodiazepines mainly diazepam (though I do not know what was in a lot). Could have been the manufactured, newer ones, not obsessing, it is what it is. Do not get from online fake pharmacies!

I am now over 2months in this recovery ( i hope and pray 🙏 🤲,  to never have a benzo in my system again. I need to feel, not be numbed off harness my emotions positively and creativity aswell as desire to help others in their journey through this life. 

My taper journey was a gift from the medical detox, the doctors harnessing the tapering guidelines and most importantly saving in spite of myself, my self loathing, despair and defiance against taking any medication even the benzos! Been a long road I have used every tools possible to get to here, and a stubborn cow 🐄, 😆,  and will keep on working on mental health and staying clean and sober 😔

I SAY WITH ALL SERIOUSNESS AND LOVE: 

GET MEDICAL TREATMENT before deciding not to be on anymore. 

REACH OUT to emergency Helplines in CRISIS/ DESPAIR/ SUICIDAL/ need emotional support etc...

HAVE A SUPPORT NETWORK.

LISTEN to your mind, body and soul ️. 

YOUR JOURNEY IS UNIQUE, you are an INDIVIDUAL and are WORTH this recovery 🙏.

ON A TAPER, do not judge yourself, the regime, the TIME it takes, it's a marathon not a sprint. Take as long as you need, and remember to allow your MIND, BODY AND SOUL to HEAL.

Do Not be discouraged/ fearmongered by damage of the brains/neurons stories, as NEUROPLASTICITY, and mental health brain training is real. 

Have hope 🙏 , faith 🫶, love🩷 and remain positive. Feel your emotions. 

[pi...]

@[On...],

I am impressed with your dedication to improving your life. You have taken a huge step forward towards a benzo free, heathy you. Your tools are spot on, thank you for posting them. I also believe that every person is worth healing. For me, it was well worth the wait. I wish you continued good healing!