Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

Anyone get this? I had it early on but not for a while. I've not long started taken mirt. Could that be it? It hapens when going to sleep. I still get to sleep though. Some jerks to which haven't been around for a while.

Edited by [jo...]

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

i think its a fairly common thing for people using antidepressants. Mirt is specifically known for it. 

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 1

[jo...]

Athough I have had it before when not on. The jerks freak me out a bit though they can be whole body.

[Le...]

the whole body thing i know. had whenever trying to sleep while using ADs. Drove me nuts. well nuttier. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]
55 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Athough I have had it before when not on. The jerks freak me out a bit though they can be whole body.

I get those often. Have throughout my life. A sudden jerk as I am about half-asleep where I quickly and forcefully kick one leg.

Mirtazapine is a tetracyclic AD that affects multiple receptors. If I recall correct it affects histamine and dopamine receptors which can have an affect or RLS.

• Like 2

[jo...]

the fact that it affects multiple receptors means it's probably going to be harder to get off of as well I imagine.

[Cr...]
23 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

the fact that it affects multiple receptors means it's probably going to be harder to get off of as well I imagine.

Chances are greater than meds that affect just one receptor, but as you are well aware there are never any 100% certainties, negative or positive, when it comes to these drugs.

What matters is the benefit to risk ratio. I have seen people put on ADs for nail-biting. They stop biting but have sexual dysfunction, anhedonia, etc. To someone in severe depression, they may gladly trade the symptoms they are currently suffering from in exchange for the side effects I just mentioned. But for someone with mild depression or nail biting, the risks (no sex life or emotions) were not worth the benefits (longer nails?)

• Like 1

[jo...]

Are AD's considered as hard to come off as benzos would you say?

[Cr...]
19 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Are AD's considered as hard to come off as benzos would you say?

From my own observations of people in my personal life, benzos are far more difficult by a long shot. I think it is generally agreed by most online that ADs are easier to come off when the comparison is done by people that actually experienced both forms of withdrawal at separate time periods.

Of course you will have outliers. There may be one person that got on Xanax .5mg and Zoloft 50mg at the same time for anxiety. A month later their Xanax prescription runs out and they experience bad withdrawal, but since it was their first benzo use and only short-term, the symptoms were moderate and went away within 2 or 3 months. Now if that same person stayed on Zoloft for 15 years (by that time increasing to 150mgs) then decided to come off by a rapid taper and suffered horrible withdrawal for 2+ years, it would make sense that they would cast their vote in a poll for ADs being the worst.

For people that experienced the worst form of both withdrawals I am sure the vast majority would rather go through their AD withdrawal all over again before their Benzo wd if given choice.

• Like 2

[Le...]

Guess i will never know. I did both at the same time. :)  Im “special”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[jo...]

I know some taper their AD during benzo withdrawl but dont hear too many CTing both at the same time.

[Le...]

Hard to really compare to other peoples stories. I dont hear many whose stories early on are the same as mine. Not fun but you know how to do this stuff now I imagine  

[jo...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

You seem to be doing ok compared to some days. 

I'm just in that late night window. I'm probably gonna wake up in some horrible fucking David Lynch movie tomorrow.

• Like 1

[Le...]

mornings are still hard for me. the sooner I het moving despite however tired I may be the better I do.   not as hard as it once was but getting going on the hard days shortens the misery. those first few years it wasnt enough but still better. 

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

mornings are still hard for me. the sooner I het moving despite however tired I may be the better I do.   not as hard as it once was but getting going on the hard days shortens the misery. those first few years it wasnt enough but still better. 

How long are you off?

[Le...]

2.5. dont think it was all time healing. I had rapid improvement upon raising activity then coming here to face some of this crap. first few week here I would end up holding the wall choking and thinking I was passing out after reading stories or seeing posts of people early in WD. 
Going through WD without anyone willing to tell me what was happening really fked me up. Just thought I was dying for months while every doc ignored me. Finally could read again and figured it out. Wasnt fun. 

[jo...]

Shit, sounds rough. I cant hold a torch to you with my silly 5 1/2 months. Do you get many windows?

[Le...]

it is different for everyone. Maybe I was much more healed at 6mo but brain jelly from the experience. I really dont know. there is a lot of overlap between drug induced terror and terror from trauma I bet. 

I can say that there was something about the 18mo mark. think around then was my first time getting 1 hr sleep without waking. 

you will do well. you are coping ok I think. more coherent than me at 2 years I would say. 

[jo...]

I'm not always. I'm pretty sure there's some posts in my history of me freaking the fuck out:ROFLMAO:

You don't seem to be doing too bad. Your more insightful than most tbh so your brains working. Just takes a while to get your faculties back in order after a harsh CT.

[jo...]

You made it this far. Your doing better than most would be at this point.

[De...]
3 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I'm just in that late night window. I'm probably gonna wake up in some horrible fucking David Lynch movie tomorrow.

Oh i remember this feeling. I hope your mornings get better soon And you wake up with calmnes🍀

• Like 1