Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taken a chance, upping my Taper to 5%

[Ct...]

@[or...] Glad you made your insomnia a positive experience by doing some star gazing from your balcony. Hope your wd symptoms are minimal.  Ctlady

• Like 1

[or...]

Thanks @[Ct...],

It did turn out so positive but now I just feel dingy from lack of sleep.  I had other things, grocery shopping, to do this a.m. but I honestly don't feel steady enough to go out and drive.  I have to do it early because of the temps we're having but I can go another day without starving LOL :2funny:

[or...]

Here's a couple of pics of both my app that told me what I was seeing, and then just a VERY rough photo of Jupiter.  Right now I'm searching on my astronomy forum on costs of cameras you can attach to your telescopes to do astrophotography.  I love seeing things in the sky, but I simply have to find my way to taking photos of what I get to see :) First one is app of course, you can point your phone in any direction and it shows you what you can see either with the naked eye, or a telescope/binoculars ;)  Second pic is  crummy but it's Jupiter and I know for sure because of the app using GPS from my location ;)

skymap.thumb.png.205c7594def9d0b5368833224d5f701a.pngJupiter.thumb.jpg.36f94eca062192a886baee31355208b9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

[Le...]

there are telescopes that do both. time lapses and stuff. I have done it out on the island where my dad lived. 

• Like 1

[Le...]

wish i could steal that telescope for ya. it was wasted on this rich ass whose cottage my dad took care of. he never even opened it. I set it up and got the location from the boat equipment. you could just scroll through names of things and it would just turn to them. I was looking at the moon. 

• Like 1

[or...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

there are telescopes that do both. time lapses and stuff. I have done it out on the island where my dad lived. 

Yes, they are so cool, but I think I would love having something I think, using a camera attached to my telescope, and casting the images right to my computer screen??  Not sure what would be less expensive as I don't have a lot to spend on something like that.  I love the little EAA's (electronically assisted astronomy) but I think it's more fun to do more manual observing, but to just set an EAA up and let'er rip, then view later what it captured ;)

[or...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

wish i could steal that telescope for ya. it was wasted on this rich ass whose cottage my dad took care of. he never even opened it. I set it up and got the location from the boat equipment. you could just scroll through names of things and it would just turn to them. I was looking at the moon. 

Must have been so neat!!  The head guy for the Astronomy Club I've joined since my move to home-State, has one.  I know that's exactly what he does with his, he just tells it where to go, and it goes ;)  He gave me the name of it, not sure this is EAA, but I think it is ;) Meade 12 inch Schmidt Cassegrain with GPS, GoTo technology

[Le...]

i dont remember the name or anything. was a big thing shaped like a barrell. not like what you imagine a telescope to be. 

• Like 1

[ji...]

hello @[or...]....   i just wanted to tell you how amazing you are doing.   im very inspired by your success in this journey.   continued health & healing from a fellow star gazer~~~jill

• Like 3

[or...]

I've been fascinated by astronomy my whole life but spent little time really learning, and only got my first telescope in 2020.  I now have a better place to view the sky from my apartment, and even joined the local astronomy club so I can go to some Star Parties and get help with learning ;)

It's a really good distraction for me.  I hope the same for you Jill, and for all of us that are finally getting this drug out of our systems!! :hug:

• Love 2

[or...]
10 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

i dont remember the name or anything. was a big thing shaped like a barrell. not like what you imagine a telescope to be. 

Yes, they have huge setups, some in my club have even designed their own contraptions!  I guess like me, they'd like to own a whole observatory!!  This guy isn't in my club but I saw him on Youtube, what a hoot, check this out how he converted his "shed" ;)

Start it at 2:09 minutes to skip the gals intro to Kevin's shed ;)

[Le...]

lol. fun video. wonder where he found those long drawer sliders. i have seen some for whole truck beds. dont show me too much of that stuff. I tinker a lot when inspired. too much of that and i will have all the tools out again. 

• Like 1

[or...]

Just to encourage anyone interested in some star-gazing (including planets, and other deeper sky objects) I have it on good authority that all you really need is a pair of binoculars.  I would have never believed this at all, but Amateur Astronomers, including folks in my local club, almost always use binoculars for casual viewing.

In fact, I want a pair just for quick views of the skies, or so I can lay down in a lawnchair and just look up!!  I'll bet where some of you live you could see so much you would not believe your eyes!!

It makes me feel like I am so alive, even when I feel like total crap, oregonlady ~ Denise

[or...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

lol. fun video. wonder where he found those long drawer sliders. i have seen some for whole truck beds. dont show me too much of that stuff. I tinker a lot when inspired. too much of that and i will have all the tools out again. 

Oh that sounds great to have that kind of knowledge Lee!!  It's a long video, and I'm not sure he tells how to do it all, but you sound like you could that and tons of things!  Especially having the tools!  I have enough just to put up a picture on the wall, LOL!!

[or...]

Wow, I really got us off-topic, maybe I better start a new thread on "good healthy distractions", sound like a plan??

[Le...]

I am already in the planning stage of a castle shaped play house for my son. collecting up stuff atm trying to find cheaper rough cut lumber and stuff. 

• Like 1

[Le...]

:)  how about a “funniest thing you did in WD thread”. could get good. i tried to convince my dentist to crown all my teeth in white gold. 

• Like 2

[or...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

I am already in the planning stage of a castle shaped play house for my son. collecting up stuff atm trying to find cheaper rough cut lumber and stuff. 

Wonderful, this sounds so good!  I think I'll get back on topic here in a few minutes, but start another thread Ok?

• Like 1

[or...]
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

:)  how about a “funniest thing you did in WD thread”. could get good. i tried to convince my dentist to crown all my teeth in white gold. 

That sounds amazing, I bet they look great!  I've always said since the start of my taper, that I want quality of life, so reading about slow and steady tapers were mentioned and I hit the ground running.  I've had such good luck so far, and have not lost too much quality of life.  I'm 71 and just a "little past" mid-life, lmbo, afterall :2funny: such a liar Denise, only if I plan on living to the ripe old age of 142! 

If I can get off this drug, which I am doing, and still have some pretty good quality of life, I'll take all of that "living" I can get, oregonlady ~ Denise hugs to all and quality of life :hug::balloon: 

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[pe...]

Hi @[or...] I was just wondering if you can recommend a scale for cheap that I can use for a dry cut taper. I am initially doing a water titration but I would like to know what scale you would suggest as a backup or as a  just in case if needed ,during the end of my taper. I am new here and I just started my taper so just bear with me as this is a little overwhelming for me. Sending you strength during your tapering journey.:smitten:

• Like 1

[or...]
1 minute ago, [[p...] said:

Hi @[or...] I was just wondering if you can recommend a scale for cheap that I can use for a dry cut taper. I am initially doing a water titration but I would like to know what scale you would suggest as a backup or as a  just in case if needed ,during the end of my taper. I am new here and I just started my taper so just bear with me as this is a little overwhelming for me. Sending you strength during your tapering journey.:smitten:

Hi @[pe...] and glad to see you found BB ;)  I got the alert I had a message/reply so here I am.  I will show you the scale I use, and it seems to do the job as long as I  keep it stable, and make sure there are no drafts of air, etc.  There's also another that come highly recommended and I'll list that one too for you.  I saw recently mine is 19 dollars, which back when I started it was a bit cheaper, I think 14 or 15, but it's really been worth it once I got some practice in using it ;) Both are on Amazon:

Professional Digital Mini scale TL Series

Gem-20 Scale

the first one listed is mine, the second, lots of people like as well.  On mine, the tweezers were a pain, cheapie and hard to grab the tablets, so I quickly ordered some very good tweezers to my liking.  I also found using the little dish is not for me, but personal preference on that :)

Do let me know if I can help you further.  Some may know where to buy these scales off-line if you want to do that, oregonlady, and hope you stick with us, it's been a lifeline for me to have BB folks who understand, :)

[pe...]

Hi @[or...] I truly appreciate the 2 links  you gave me for the dry taper scale. I will purchase one of them in 2 weeks. You are truly encouraging and it is great to see that we are not alone in our Benzo tapering journey. I work from home and I hope to do a slow and steady  taper as I do not want my symptoms to get  so debilitating that I cannot work. Gotta pay the bills. :smitten:I am new to this tapering so I am learning new things every day. I am trying to do 5% since I just started. I will be on BB for a while as I want to try to minimize my symptoms as much as possible and I need all the support I can get...Looking forward to mutual encouragement as we go through this journey together.Thanks again and I hope you have a blessed day..

[or...]

Hi @[pe...],  I was glad to help.  I will be around, and so will others, to help you along, and we all help each other.  I'm sure I can learn from you as well ;) It would be good if when you are ready, you can start a "topic" of your own so more folks will see where they can help you specifically. 

I think you are in such a good place to continue your taper, however you decide to do that, and taper low enough to start with.  This is how I did it, I had sort of a plan, but I left it open to change as my body adapted to the new dose. I it was too rough on me, I had to re-think my plan, according to my quality of life I wanted to hang onto, like you needing/wanting to do your job ;)

You've obviously been doing your "home-work" and know that most say between 5% and 10% is a good start.  I started lower, may have been below 1% even because I couldn't figure numbers. I think I mentioned that somewhere about just using my tablet weight, and trimming.  But I eventually was helped to understand how to convert the tablet weight of dose, to the actual % of active ingredient.  I was, and still having a lot of brain-fog at times, but I am getting better ;)

Some may also be able to support you in the titration method.  Whatever way you decide, you'll have plenty of support, blessings to you as well,

oregonlady :hug:

[pe...]

Hi@oregonlady 

Thanks so much for your support. Truly appreciate you and BB. You gave me great food for thought in terms of going lower than 5% or lower than 2.5%..Great options. I do understand the water titration method ,but I will take time out  to try to understand the dry taper method.I will try to learn it after I purchase my scale in a few weeks.I was never great at math LOL.. I am an  early senior so I have to take it step by step. Thank you for the suggestion in terms of starting a new topic..I am still navigating through understanding on how to  familiarize myself with this website..  I am still new here.Actually I scrolled on top of the website and I just figured out that there is a topic section and I found it a few seconds ago. Thanks so much and sending you virtual hugs.. :hug:

[or...]

I hope there are some that are still "following" this thread as I didn't want to make another so the "history" of my latest tapers are all here on the thread. I think :idiot:

I need input on a wd sxs I'm having, just since the 5% tapers.  I have plenty of others, but this one is really hurting, and I need some feedback from others that have the issue, or had it. 

I have what feels like cramping, and needing to go to the bathroom, but then I can't most times.  I'm still able to go once a day, thank God, but the cramping, which comes almost always after a meal, but sometimes 3-4 hours after dinner, when I go to bed and lie down.  I then have to get up, go sit on the throne, and hope for the best.

I'll drink some ACV which usually helped me with anything at all like this, for the last several years, but the cramping comes back again in the a.m. before I even eat anything.

I think this must be wd sxs, but am ready to purchase something that might be safe for me while I am tapering. I don't want to try going back to 3% as I really don't feel that would help with this.

Any feedback welcome, oregonlady :-\ PS Something that helped you personally with this issue would be most welcome.