Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tremendous stress everywhere everytime

[be...]

I went to a hair salon to get a hair cut and just sitting there for 30 min was like being tortured. I can't believe that I actually survived it. Akathisis came back and I felt like I was unable to breathe. When can I finally get a normal haircut?

[pi...]

I avoided the salon for quite a while. When I did finally go I was pleasantly surprised. One of my friends was there and we had what I considered a normal conversation, where withdrawal wasn’t even on my mind. 

How long it takes to reach this point will be different for everyone. You should, no matter what the outcome, pat yourself on the back for going out of your comfort zone. With time you’ll see improvements, and in my opinion it’s worth the wait.

• Like 2

[Jo...]

5 months ago  I spent 2 hours getting a colour and cut and yes it was torturous too for me. I don’t know how I sat there for so long, it was so stressful and I couldn’t stop moving in my chair, withdrawals got me bad,  I’ve now been colouring my own hair and next time I get it cut I’m hoping it won’t be as bad as that last time, I’m actually due for a haircut. It was awesome that you did it coz it’s so hard to do, well done