Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

🤚 New Member - Introduction and Benzos history

[Gi...]
Posted (edited)

Hi everybody. I hope you're doing great. 

I recently joined BB and I'm going to introduce myself :) .

I am a young female lawyer from Peru.

My journey with benzos properly started back in 2020, when I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I was prescribed clonazepam and that one is pretty much the only benzo I've been taking these years. 

At first, it was okay, it helped me with my general anxiety at half a milligram. Then I got resistant to the dosage and increased it without medical supervision. 

Moving fast forward to today, I've been diagnosed with BDP and my daily intake of clonazepam can vary from 4mg to 20mg. Also, I started taking Tramadol, prescribed at first for an injury when weightlifting, but now I take it without medical supervision. 

On June 27th this year I got an appointment with a doctor at a state mental hospital, I was pretty honest. He reduced my dosage of clonazepam to 4mg daily and told me to cut off the Tramadol. I did okay for 1 week. Then, one evening I started feeling extremely anxious and I relapsed. 

I do know it's not easy at all because a year ago I decided to cut off the benzos and I had withdrawal symptoms for months, and then I relapsed. That's why I searched on Google support groups about benzos and ended up here :) .

I'm glad I found this group and I'm determined to overcome this addiction with your support. I'm also happy to offer support to anyone else struggling with benzos.

That would be all by now. Thanks for reading. Have a great day! 

Edited by [Gi...]

[PE...]

Hi and welcome to benzobuddies!

So you will start with the taper again from 4mg?

I flushed down all benzos i had If not i wouldn't had made it. I'm 9 months off and doing fine 😊

@[Gi...], hi! Welcome to BenzoBuddies:classic_smile: I'm glad you've ended up here among those who know first hand what benzo dependency is and solving it. I hope that supporting others as well as being supported yourself by the others, you'll come off the nasty pills successfully. Lot's of Luck to you!:)