Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Five years and nine months of freedom!

[ba...]

[ba...]

Hello everyone I had already forgotten that I had been using benzodiazepines for a very long time. Life has been restored. It took patience. And that's what I noticed, the years and decades of use were, as it were, cut out of memory. Well, that's for the best! How good it is to live! God bless you!

• Like 8

[S_...]

@[ba...] hi bazil im glad u have healed. Did u also have anhedonia, emotional blunting during your withdrawal ? How long did yours take to lift? And can u tolerate coffee now ? 

• Like 1

[ba...]

About three years. But I have a very difficult case

[ba...]

I'm drinking coffee! Right now, sitting at the computer, and now my heart is not pounding

• Like 3

[S_...]

@[ba...] sorry for asking soo many questions but did you also feel like u were on lsd whenever u took coffee during your withdrawal ? For me I felt like I was going into psychosis and suddenly my sound sensitivity came back and it was just few sips ! Did u also feel that way ? 

• Like 1

[La...]

Bazil this is wonderful news for us all to read. Congrats to you! For us protracted folks this is something to look forward to. IMO this takes about 3-5 years on average for most. It must feel great to join those before you on the other side of this. I have my running shoes on ready to run over there too and break through that finish line. 
Hope you don’t mind a word of caution to you? PLEASE don’t start overdoing things ( too much too soon too close together). I’ve heard it can cause a setback. For the next year or two, tread gently. I wish you the best. 
Well done! 👏👍🏼

• Like 4

[pi...]

@[ba...],

What a delight to read your Success Story. Thank you for sharing it! Our members can see that even those who had a very difficult and challenging journey can heal. I wish you all the best!

• Like 3

[Ga...]

I remember you well and your positive posts while suffering through benzo withdrawal!  Congratulations for your restored health and may you continue with a long and healthy life🙏🎉❤️

• Like 3

[Rh...]

Wonderful to read this success story!  So happy you are healed and living again! ♥️

• Like 1

[Re...]

@[ba...] I am so happy for you. Thank you for the hopeful message. Can you tell us more details about what healed specifically?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[J ...]

Hey Bazil,

I too am now five years and five months post benzo withdrawal. I do recall your posts and even trading a few messages with you. If I recall correctly, you are from Russia or in that region. Seems we both made it through the worst storm in life and came out much better. Congrats and stay strong brother. 

Ron

• Like 1