Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Long hold

[An...]

Has anyone done a long hold and stabilised ? I’m talking a couple of months 

[kn...]

This is probably not something you want to hear at this point, I’ll put it out there nonetheless. I was in a similar situation when I tried to come down too quickly at a low dose of Diazepam.  I hung on for 5 months and never did stabilize. I put the situation out there on a post for help and was told the best way out was to up dose. Reluctantly, I did. Then went through some nasty kindling , but finally got straightened out. Now weighing and dry tapering. Pray that yours is better. Good luck and be careful. 

[An...]
10 hours ago, [[k...] said:

This is probably not something you want to hear at this point, I’ll put it out there nonetheless. I was in a similar situation when I tried to come down too quickly at a low dose of Diazepam.  I hung on for 5 months and never did stabilize. I put the situation out there on a post for help and was told the best way out was to up dose. Reluctantly, I did. Then went through some nasty kindling , but finally got straightened out. Now weighing and dry tapering. Pray that yours is better. Good luck and be careful. 

Thank you so much for sharing your story, I’m abit stuck im travelling in December and can’t keep cutting I’m at 10mgs from a high high dose but I’ve reached a point where my withdrawals are deliberating I can’t leave the house eat sleep anxiety internal tremors 

[Ca...]

I never stabilized when I updosed from 12.2 to 14 and I just started tapering after holding at 14 for maybe two months. 12 seems to be a difficult spot for me. I don't know how much you would have to updose to get comfortable and maybe better options are to hold where you are for a bit or slow your taper rate way down.  For what it's worth, I am sorry I updosed. Everyone is so different.

[An...]
11 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I never stabilized when I updosed from 12.2 to 14 and I just started tapering after holding at 14 for maybe two months. 12 seems to be a difficult spot for me. I don't know how much you would have to updose to get comfortable and maybe better options are to hold where you are for a bit or slow your taper rate way down.  For what it's worth, I am sorry I updosed. Everyone is so different.

I am traveling in December and don’t know what to do I’m abit stuck, I was thinking of holding for 6 months to stabilise but it seems to be not a option may have to cancel my trip 

[An...]
4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

What is your current taper rate

I really don’t have a set rate, the past 2 months I’ve dropped 3.75 mgs im down to 10mgs and struggling so I will hold till I feel stable enough to cut 0.6.5 mgs