Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Nap Akathisis

[be...]

I can't have a nap at all. It is not insomnia. I get extremely nervous when I lie down during the day. It is like a nap version of akathisis. I can't even try to have a nap. It just feels horrible and uncomfortable. I have to wait until it gets dark. Anyone else?

[S_...]

@[be...] yes I had that too it was soo bad I couldnt even sleep ! Like constantly being burned alive and electrocuted but it all went away

[be...]
Just now, [[S...] said:

@[be...] yes I had that too it was soo bad I couldnt even sleep ! Like constantly being burned alive and electrocuted but it all went away

can i know when it went away for u?

[be...]
1 minute ago, [[S...] said:

@[be...] it went away after 3 months 

it has been 2 months and half and it is not getting any better for me

[De...]

I had it too. And i was serious napper before benzo😂

now after five months off i can take naps again. I even tried to nap when i didnt feel like to. Just to be sure i can do it again. And i could. Don’t worry it will come back 👌

• Like 2

[S_...]

@[be...] 2 months is still very early into withdrawal you need to give it some more time it will get better I promise :hug:

[vo...]

@[be...] I used to nap all the time when I was on zanax. I haven't been able to take a nap since I came off of it a year ago

[be...]
29 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[be...] I used to nap all the time when I was on zanax. I haven't been able to take a nap since I came off of it a year ago

it is not because i have insomnia.

it is like i get some really bad feelings when i try to have a nap

[vo...]
15 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

it is not because i have insomnia.

it is like i get some really bad feelings when i try to have a nap

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood. Sorry you are dealing with that.  I get enough bad and vivid dreams when I try to sleep at night which is about 2 -3 hours, but I've gotten used to it.

I never even tried to have a nap during a day. It felt most uncomfortable and was just impossible. I still avoid napping at day time but for a different reason.

[Ma...]

Yes. It seems when I was having a decent day I would try and nap but felt very anxious laying there and it would trigger my symptoms. I’ve had good experience with guided meditation where I can focus on something light so my thoughts would not go haywire. Try a yoga nidra meditation. You can find a bunch on YouTube 

[jo...]

I would avoid having naps personally. In my experience the sleep wake cycle has a lot to do with symptoms. It's like hitting the reset button.

[De...]
4 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I would avoid having naps personally. In my experience the sleep wake cycle has a lot to do with symptoms. It's like hitting the reset button.

I had similar thinking about this.

Its very hard not to try to nap or rest during day when you feel very tired from everything And not getting enough sleep during night. Interesting thing is that now when i am able to nap i don’t have much need to do it during day like i had in begining of wd.

We all need more times. I read a lot of succes stories where people Said that they had problems with naps but now after they healed they can nap again  👌