Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam dosing questions

Hi @[Tr...]

I'm really sorry you're experiencing unpleasant symptoms.

I combined my am and pm doses and now dose once a day in the evening. I did this because I was struggling with side effects from my morning dose. I combined them at once not gradually. The downside of dosing only once a day is that my wd symptoms tend to ramp up in the evening before I take my dose.

If you are splitting your dose, it is generally better to have a more even distribution between am and pm doses to keep your serum levels stable. That being said, I think I have seen other members who take a larger dose in the evening to help with sleep. Is that the reason why you decided to taper your morning dose first?

The symptoms you're experiencing could be caused by peaks and troughs in your serum levels due to the uneven dosing, but they could also be caused by your taper rate if, as you say, it was rather fast.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Hi @[Tr...]

I'm really sorry you're experiencing unpleasant symptoms.

I combined my am and pm doses and now dose once a day in the evening. I did this because I was struggling with side effects from my morning dose. I combined them at once not gradually. The downside of dosing only once a day is that my wd symptoms tend to ramp up in the evening before I take my dose.

If you are splitting your dose, it is generally better to have a more even distribution between am and pm doses to keep your serum levels stable. That being said, I think I have seen other members who take a larger dose in the evening to help with sleep. Is that the reason why you decided to taper your morning dose first?

The symptoms you're experiencing could be caused by peaks and troughs in your serum levels due to the uneven dosing, but they could also be caused by your taper rate if, as you say, it was rather fast.

Hello @[Al...], thank you so much for the swift reply and the useful information. Yes, I would like to have the large dose in the evening to help me against hypnic jerks and with sleep. 

Are you still holding the 0.5 mg in the evening to stabilize or did you already start your taper?

Do you happen to remember by any chance who were the other members who take larger doses in the evening to help with sleep. I would like to ask them how they are doing using this method. 

Many thanks in advance for your kind help! 🌺🌺🌺

Edited by [Tr...]

13 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

Hello @[Al...], thank you so much for the swift reply and the useful information. Yes, I would like to have the large dose in the evening to help me against hypnic jerks and with sleep. 

Do you happen to remember by any chance who were the other members who take larger doses in the evening to help with sleep. I would like to ask them how they are doing using this method.

Sorry, I can't remember, but I did find one member who took larger doses in the evening through most of his taper. I'm not sure if it was for sleep or for other reasons. You can check out his taper history below.

https://benzobuddies.org/profile/319241-[he...]/?tab=field_core_pfield_34

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Sorry, I can't remember, but I did find one member who took larger doses in the evening through most of his taper. I'm not sure if it was for sleep or for other reasons. You can check out his taper history below.

https://benzobuddies.org/profile/319241-[he...]/?tab=field_core_pfield_34

Thank you so much once again! I really appreciate your help! 🌻

• Like 1