Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3 years out. Worst wave followed by best window following course of z pack

[fi...]

I'm 3 years out. From about month 28 to 34 I had a constant wave with anhedonia, depression, anxiety, neuropathy, etc.  At month 34 a window started where I only had anhedonia and low level anxiety. It was the most functional I had been in probably 2 years. A few days later I started to get a sinus infection. After a week with no improvement  I got a z pack prescribed. Five days of the  z pack took care of the sinus infection. 2 days after stopping the z pack I had a panic attack for first time since a CT attempt of klonopin, and a level of depression I have never felt before. I had another panic attack the next day, and two days later my akithesia returned and the depression was at a level I didn't know was possible. (I hadn't had akithesia since about month 15) This lasted a few hours. When it stopped, I had the best window I have ever had. The anhedonia letup for the first time in 3 years. The anhedonia has came and went since then, but it is definitely a huge improvement since it pretty much never let up before this. Other symptoms have came and went as well, but it hasn't been as bad as before. I've had more good days since month 34 then I had the first 34 months.  This leads to my question. Since some antibiotics are gaba antagonists, is it reasonable to assume that the z pack caused the worst wave I've ever had, and the awesome window and improved baseline have something to do with the z pack? I'm not even sure if the z pack is a true gaba antagonist, and I also realize it could be a crazy coincidence and I might have had an improved baseline without the z pack course. Any thoughts are appreciated. 

[fi...]
1 hour ago, [[b...] said:

no physical symtoms in the head?

You mean like headaches? Or eye pain? I do have eye pain off and on. 

[be...]
3 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

You mean like headaches? Or eye pain? I do have eye pain off and on. 

like head squeeze, swelling like sensation, overstimulation, electricity and stuff

[fi...]
24 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

like head squeeze, swelling like sensation, overstimulation, electricity and stuff

I have gotten head pressure in the past, but it's been awhile since that happened. 

• Like 1

[fi...]

Bump. Is it possible to somehow improve from antibiotics? 

[pi...]

Hello @[fi...],

The zpack is my go to antibiotic because I have allergies to many others. I took it during tapering, withdrawal and recovery with no I’ll effects. However, I have read that some people did have negative reactions. We all will have different experiences with medications and all medications have side effects. 

It is possible that the zpack caused the wave. It’s also possible that there was no trigger for it, that it just happened.

Whatever the case, I think you will return to your baseline, or even a bigger window like you mentioned. 

[fi...]
2 hours ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[fi...],

The zpack is my go to antibiotic because I have allergies to many others. I took it during tapering, withdrawal and recovery with no I’ll effects. However, I have read that some people did have negative reactions. We all will have different experiences with medications and all medications have side effects. 

It is possible that the zpack caused the wave. It’s also possible that there was no trigger for it, that it just happened.

Whatever the case, I think you will return to your baseline, or even a bigger window like you mentioned. 

Thanks for the reply. I have returned to baseline as the really bad wave was a few months ago. 

• Like 1