Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Year later update

[sp...]

[sp...]

Well it's been exactly a year since I quit Valium cold turkey. I was pretty much about to lose my job, my kid wouldn't talk to me, my wife was divorcing me and I had somehow become a raging alcoholic (on top of benzos). I had to hit complete rock bottom before I gave in and finally searched and found a phychiatrist. I wound up trying something I never thought I would. Zoloft. For some reason it works great. I was able to quit alcohol, quit benzos (was on 10mg a day Valium and thought I'd never drop that) without a taper! Not saying it would work for anyone else but it sure did for me. Benzo and alcohol free for 12 months and feel great. Hope you all find what works for you. See you all on the other side. Thanks for everyone's support. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[wi...]

I literally was just mentioning you. Wow!

glad your through it man, proud of you. I remember how bad it was for you.

Still swinging that hammer in the metal shop?

[Pa...]

Congratulations @[sp...], I'm so happy you made it through!  And thank you for coming back to tell us, too many disappear and we never know what happened to them, so glad to hear you're doing great. :thumbsup:

[Ma...]

That’s great to hear! Thank you for sharing. How long were you on Benzos? Are you planning to stay on Zoloft?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [jo...]
    • [Br...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [ab...]
    • [...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [li...]
    • [Kr...]