Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pill size impact

[li...]

I am at 0.060mg of my clonazepam taper. My reductions are 10% at a time. I just received my new prescription and the pills are different they weight less 162m-my other pills were 170m 5mg pills, before taper I took .25mg disintegrating tablets, because we can’t get 25 in pill form. My doctor prescribed the 5m tablet so I could taper I cut them in half then cut the half for my taper. This week I am moving to 0.054mg how to I do this with the smaller pill? Do I just cut it to 0.054mg will It be the same? This is confusing me.

• Like 1

[kn...]

Are you still using a pill cutter?  If so, trade it in for a nail file or emory board.  That should do a more accurate job of weighing and shaving the pills down to the weight you need.  It is a hassle, but if you first cut the pill down to a reasonable size, one that your can still hang onto, and then use the file to finish up, you should find it easier. Good luck. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

[li...]

I can do that. But what I need to know is the last pill weight was  170m the new prescription weights 162m. If I shave down to 0.054mg of the new pill is it the same dose as the old pill. I don’t want a setback because of the difference between the prescription weights of the pills

[El...]

@[li...] If I am understanding you correctly, your old 0 0.5 milligram pills weighed 0.170 grams and you reduced to 0.06 grams.  If that is the case, your 0.06 gram dose was 0.1765 milligrams of active ingredient.  You now plan to reduce to 0.054 grams of your old pill.  0.054 grams of your old pill is equivalent to 0.1588 milligrams active ingredient.

Since you new pills weigh 0.162 grams, you need to to recalculate 0.1588 milligrams to its eqivalence in your new pill.  Since your scale goes to 3 decimal places, you have a choice.  You can cut and shave your new pill to either 0.052 grams (equivalent to 0.1605 milligrams) or 0.051 grams (equivalent to 0.1571 miligrams). If you cut to 0.052 grams that is a 9.1% reduction.  If you cut to 0.051 grams that is an 11% reduction.

Does that help?

• Like 1

[li...]
Posted (edited)

It does help, Thank you so much!😊 

Edited by [li...]
correction

[GV...]

Can anybody recommend a good scale? Thats affordable? For weighing pills. Thank you

[Ct...]
56 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Can anybody recommend a good scale? Thats affordable? For weighing pills. Thank you

@[GV...] I learned how to weigh and shave pills from @[or...].  Possibly she can provide a link to the scale she bought. She also has a video showing how she weighs and shaves pills. She has made great progress on her taper. 

[or...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

@[GV...] I learned how to weigh and shave pills from @[or...].  Possibly she can provide a link to the scale she bought. She also has a video showing how she weighs and shaves pills. She has made great progress on her taper. 

hi @[Ct...] and @[GV...], my little scale has done fine for me, so far, had it since the beginning of my taper.  I'll give you a link to one on Amazon first.  I use the gram setting and I calibrate it every so often if it seems to waver.  I also make sure there's no windows or fans on to disrupt the weighing, scales can be super sensitive. I don't even breath on mine ;)

TL Series Jewelry Scale

PS I don't use the dish, just my preference, and bought a good set of tweezers, replaced the plastic ones ;)

• Like 1

[or...]

@[li...], I'm tapering 5% right now, and switched from a 1 mg C tablet to the .5mg tab recently.  A lot of people, combined, showed me the way, all through my taper.  I am awful with numbers. My doses are listed in my History, and I had a very rough start but have gotten it straight for some time now, thanks to all the help ;) 

I just keep my history in "weight of dose" but I do know my percentage of actual med now too though.  It's just easier for me to go by weight of dose.

It was really hard to wrap my brain around switching from 1 mg tab to .5 mg tab, but it's working fine, and no problems.  Let me know if I can help you further, oregonlady :hug:

[li...]

Thank you, I will reach out to you if I can’t get this thru my head. I am also not good with numbers.