Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

14 days free from Benzos

took my last benzo 14 days ago, you lose all sense of time and place the insomnia was horrible I didn't sleep till I fell asleep on day 11 for the symptoms of palpitations and others I was having they have settled some what but the palpitations are still very much heighten, my ears have slightly calmed down not as sensitive as day 7 to 11 had a diazepam withdrawal seizure and 9epileptic was taken to hospital were I was monitored and my medication had to be adjusted,Just have to be patient and breathe stay calm and wait for the symptoms to subside in which I noticed they decrease a little each day,As A long Term User I expected something similar But I am proud of my self , that I will never  put that Drug or any other like it in my system again,For  those going through it ,yes it's horrible and it hurts but don't stop because it does get better they start to lessen Good luck 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

[Re...]

Hello @[...],

I am glad you experience continuous improvement of your symptoms. Please, however, keep in mind that healing from benzodiazepine withdrawal is far from linear. You are still in the phase of acute withdrawal and as members report, withdrawal symptoms might take a while to completely develop (sometimes longer periods, even months). Even at these early stages some members experience waves - periods with increased symptoms, and windows - an interval when symptoms lessen.

No, not everyone will experience issues with withdrawal and post - withdrawal and I don't mean to discourage you, but as you are a long term user you might benefit from finding a doctor (if you have a seizure disorder, definitely a neurologist) to discuss reinstatement and tapering off very slowly and safely with a preferred tapering method - this may be also beneficial in the long run. This way you can keep your functionality, keep your potential symptoms tolerable and avoid future issues. 

I was not able to find your proper History, could you please fill your details under your Profile?

Please visit the website of the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition. I find the information there really useful. 

Take care @[...]

I understand and I know as am still having symptoms I didn't mean it to come across like that and I am seeing a neurologist and cardiologist, I know there are going to be windows but one day at a time is the method for know unfortunately for us mortals in the UK we don't have the privilege of being tapered of by our local Doctors so have no choice but to go CT or buy street or black market but I understand your concerns my health is important to me so I will keep focusing slowly on what is important at this moment thank you