Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Restless legs, tummy, arms, urethra?

[At...]
Posted (edited)

Hi BBs

I apologize for not checking in for quite a while!

Does anyone else have restless ... almost everything? I find if I have to pee the restless legs and urethra get twitchy? If you've had restless leg syndrome it same as that only it affects more than just legs: legs, arms, abdominal muscles and urethra. I'm down to ⅛ of a 0.5mg clonazepam 3x a day but I've really slowed down. I'm staying at this level for a few months because my panic/anxiety/ depression has suddenly gotten dramatically worse. I'm at 7 months withdrawal. I may be going too fast. 

Edited by [At...]
Incorrect information on my part
  • Like 1

[On...]

I would urge you to follow medical advice, try keep hydrated, nutrition. Could possibly be a vitamin/mineral which could help. Quinine (tonic water has this in) can help with restless legs. Cooling gel and spray also.

Magnesium or salts, can be in supplement or in bath salts can help I've found. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Th...]

Every part of my body was restless during my taper and a few months after my last dose. Yes, magnesium in small doses at bedtime helps, try to avoid a lot of sugar, eat healthy as possible, if you can get a quiet walk in every day this helps too. Time is what you really need, eventually your body will be less excited and will calm down. 

• Love 1

[At...]
6 hours ago, [[O...] said:

I would urge you to follow medical advice, try keep hydrated, nutrition. Could possibly be a vitamin/mineral which could help. Quinine (tonic water has this in) can help with restless legs. Cooling gel and spray also.

Magnesium or salts, can be in supplement or in bath salts can help I've found. 

THANK YOU! It's nice to know I normal ... whatever that is! A setting on the washing machine I think. Lol

[At...]
4 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Every part of my body was restless during my taper and a few months after my last dose. Yes, magnesium in small doses at bedtime helps, try to avoid a lot of sugar, eat healthy as possible, if you can get a quiet walk in every day this helps too. Time is what you really need, eventually your body will be less excited and will calm down. 

Thanks for your reply. I think I MIGHT be trying to go too fast. My Physiatrist at the MND clinic told me those who taper successfully are heroes in her books.  She told me take a MINIMUM of one year and if it gets so overwhelming that I can't  function to stay a few months at one level until things settle.  I was on clonazepam  0.5  3x a day for 25 years. Rome wasn't built ìn a day I guess.

thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Th...]
13 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Thanks for your reply. I think I MIGHT be trying to go too fast. My Physiatrist at the MND clinic told me those who taper successfully are heroes in her books.  She told me take a MINIMUM of one year and if it gets so overwhelming that I can't  function to stay a few months at one level until things settle.  I was on clonazepam  0.5  3x a day for 25 years. Rome wasn't built ìn a day I guess.

thanks again!

I tapered for almost 1 year but I know I went too fast. I just couldn't wait to get off this poison. (Xanax) And I know I paid the price as acute withdrawals were pretty rough on me. So definitely go slow, you will probably have less symptoms. Best wishes with your recovery!