Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Akathisia from birth control

[sh...]

Has any woman experienced Akathisia from coming off birth control while on benzos or after? This has been my case and I am desperately looking for answers

[Cr...]

When I saw the title I was thinking you meant only while still on BC and was just about to tell you about my sister having bad symptoms like restlessness while coming of her BC shortly after her Ativan taper. Are you off now or tapering? Is akathisia the only symptom you noticed?

I can contact her for more details, but I am pretty sure it didn't last more than week or so.

[Bo...]

Yes look up beautifully broken on YouTube Tessa has had this exact thing when she tried to come off her Bc while tapering Valium.

she has an interview with Angie peacock about akathisia also on Angie’s YouTube.

hormones cause a nightmare for us women in this especially with having aka. Things eventually settle out but have seen many women say they need to stay on Bc until they are healed off benzos before the approach coming off the pill.

Benzo babes is a Facebook group you might look into as is Benzo warriors where many have had aka .

i have had it badly, life threatening kind and thankfully it’s eased in intensity but I’m still on a med contributing and def can ramp around my cycle.

[fa...]
On 05/07/2024 at 18:27, [[s...] said:

Has any woman experienced Akathisia from coming off birth control while on benzos or after? This has been my case and I am desperately looking for answers

If I even miss a dose.