Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Short term Ativan use / Coleman Clinic

[Mt...]

Hello BBs

I've been on Ativan for 30 days to help with an SSRI withdrawal. 2 weeks at 0.5mg and 2 weeks taper down to 0.125mg

The acute withdrawal effects caught up to me badly over the past few days and I had to reinstate at 0.5mg - obviously too fast of a taper. 

I am feeling stuck now, and will probably insititue a far slower taper regimen going forward. I also was considering the Coleman institute rapid taper since I have been on a small dosage for only 1 month. 

Anyone have experience and success with the Coleman protocol? 

Being on the Ativan longer than I need to be to slow taper seems overkill, perhaps not. 

Thanks. 

[Cr...]
37 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Anyone have experience and success with the Coleman protocol

Can you summarize what that is? When you say 'rapid taper'  that sounds like a detox.

Detox facilities are about getting you off of a med safely, not symptom-free. Mostly only beneficial to people that are losing control over their addictions, not people that are physically dependent on low doses that were taken as prescribed.

Since you reinstated back to .5 mgs, that tells me that symptom intensity/tolerability is a huge factor for you in regards to coming off of Ativan.

How are you doing back on .5 mg? Are you stable? And do you feel any increase in symptoms between doses?

• Like 1

[Mt...]

Thanks @[Cr...]

The Coleman Clinic uses Flumazenil treatment in conjunction with tapering your dose down during the detox window. So it's not essentially a conventional detox. 

I reinstated to curb the insomnia and physical trembling and general withdrawal effects. 

I am doing OK back on 0.5mg with decent sleep.