Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Propranolol

[PE...]

I take 200mg metropol every day i think it's the same medicine?

I think it's a bit calming.. it's the mental response to get lower BP mabey. 

No it's not having any mental effects directly. It's function is on the body/heart.

[Kr...]

Bets blockers cross the blood brain barrier so they get into your mental business. Look it up.

How that manifests as far as “mental symptoms “ varies greatly. Its all so individual.

• Like 2

[PE...]

Yeah I find it can cause fatigue and depression..I never experienced any if that.

[De...]

I took it while in detox/treatment. I stopped after I woke up one night and couldn’t stand up (weak legs). It was a very strange and scary experience. I believe it’s deemed “somewhat safe” for long term use, but I had an adverse side effect. 

I’ve heard it can be very helpful for certain people.

It’s a beta blocker and slows down your heart rate, so I’d just be careful with it.

Overall, I don’t think it’s an “R-rated” drug and fairly safe with low likelihood of addiction, but I’m not a doctor.

• Like 2

[Ja...]

I was prescribed it years back after a CT,.it actually did help,.it generally slows your body down

you will feel it slowing you down with any physical exercise/walking etc,.you get sweaty 

I might consider it my go to this time near the end as well

• Like 1

do they have to be used regularly to be effective? I use them now and again and find they dont make me feel any better.

14 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

do they have to be used regularly to be effective? I use them now and again and find they dont make me feel any better.

What dose do you take? This is really a bp medication and that's about what it does to you.. it lowers the bp and as a result it should make you calmer. 

It was first extracted from the venom of snakes..they made a chemical version of it and i think it was one of the first medications for high BP. Doses can get very high when used for high BP. I'm on highest dose 200mg.

1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

What dose do you take? This is really a bp medication and that's about what it does to you.. it lowers the bp and as a result it should make you calmer. 

It was first extracted from the venom of snakes..they made a chemical version of it and i think it was one of the first medications for high BP. Doses can get very high when used for high BP. I'm on highest dose 200mg.

I'm on 60 mg for agitation. Some say it works but I dont notice. Mabey I need to take it more regular.

2 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I'm on 60 mg for agitation. Some say it works but I dont notice. Mabey I need to take it more regular.

It really should only be prescribed for high BP IMO.. it's like prescribing ADs for insomnia..

I'm sorry but i don't think it will help with agitation..