Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help with tapering schudele

[tr...]

I'm taking xanax . Have the .50 tablets I started taking them about 70.days ago.

I never took a whole tablet at once . When anxiety hit I would just take a small nibble off a tablet I don't think I took a whole .50 tablet in a day. I'm thinking I took  around .25 a day.  I read the Ashton tapering guide but it's only has for larger dosages. Not sure the best ..i thought I could go CT or close to it but woke in a panic state. I took a very tiny tiny peice not even sure how much that was but it seemed help me go back to sleep for a couple hours. may be 3 or 4 grains of sand. Not very big .

Please help.with tapering 

May be hard because I didn't really have a schedule of taking the x just took a little nibble when I was stressed in the day and when I woke up at night to help me sleep..

Yesterday morning I took a very small peice mayba 10th of the .50 tablet  . Then after noon even less  tried to do a shaving but just broke down in to powder and did the same in the eve was feeling skin itching and warm. I took some magnesium calm helped me fall asleep. Till about 4am and took a peice about 3 or 4 grains of sand or so .

[Pa...]

HI @[tr...], thanks for explaining how you dose, I can see this is going to be a challenge. The reason I say that is because tapering is all about consistency, but with a slow downward tread.  

What happens when we taper is our body learns to expect a certain dose at a certain time so we do our best to help keep our blood serum levels constant.   When we wait too long to take a dose, or if we forget one, we get symptoms, they’re to be expected but the key is to keep them from getting too intense.

Tapering is all about experimenting on yourself, keeping good records of your reductions plus your symptom severity can help guide your decisions about how much and when to dose again.

I wish we could provide a set taper plan for everyone, but we’re all so different, there is no one size fits all.

Because your pill is such a low dose, you may need to get creative in how you cut it, here are some ways to do that, let us know what looks good to you.

https://benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-withdrawal-methods/titration/

Do you have any ideas of how we can determine what your actual dose is in a day, we’ll need to get your baseline so we can plan consistent reductions in an effort to keep you stable.