Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70 days on Xanax low dose.help with quiting

[tr...]
2 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Hmmm. I am a little over 30 days completely sober.

I would say I am 75% back to pre benzo? 

My biggest regret was not tapering longer. I did a 1.5week taper which is absolutely not recommended :oops:

I want to get off xanax fast as I can.. with the low Dosage I took daily I was hoping I could do that.. I will see I guess, my burning sensations are getting a little more Intense feeling a little shakey. Can't believe how fast these drugs take a hold of you. Congrats on being 30 days sober..

• Like 1

[Js...]
Just now, [[t...] said:

I want to get off xanax fast as I can.. with the low Dosage I took daily I was hoping I could do that.. I will see I guess, my burning sensations are getting a little more Intense feeling a little shakey. Can't believe how fast these drugs take a hold of you. Congrats on being 30 days sober..

I know how that feels, even at a lower does though; I do recommend a slow taper to not cause any major heart palpitations. During my taper and withdrawals, the palpitations were the worst.

For me, a 10% reduction from my daily dose would have been ideal (at least a few weeks to gauge my symptoms), and I do consider that fast. I did not consider that fast until I equipped myself with knowledge and went through the symptoms of taperland and withdrawal.

There are many here who are very knowledgeable and might help you put a plan that you adhere to at the below:

https://benzobuddies.org/forum/120-benzodiazepine-taper-strategies-planning/

I was lucky to stumble across the ashton manual from another user's thread:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

Good luck my friend, looking forward to your success. 

• Like 1

[Pa...]
1 hour ago, [[t...] said:

I want to get off xanax fast as I can.

Most of us feel this way when we show up here, but its important to let your body guide you.  I do hope you can do a fast taper so as not to increase your dependence but if your body is already there, you’ll want to take it slow.

Once off of the medication there is recovery and that can last as long or longer than the taper,  learn all you can about this process so you won’t fear it because believe it or not, fear is one of our symptoms too.

Are you thinking about starting a thread on the taper board so we can help you figure out what your next reduction might look like?

[tr...]
7 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Most of us feel this way when we show up here, but its important to let your body guide you.  I do hope you can do a fast taper so as not to increase your dependence but if your body is already there, you’ll want to take it slow.

Once off of the medication there is recovery and that can last as long or longer than the taper,  learn all you can about this process so you won’t fear it because believe it or not, fear is one of our symptoms too.

Are you thinking about starting a thread on the taper board so we can help you figure out what your next reduction might look like?

Yes I'm

afraid  very afraid ..I didn't realize the the consiquenses of taking this medication. It did help with the anxiety im still going thru a stressful situation probly not helping with getting off it..

Going to start a tapering board..

[tr...]
18 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Welcome to BB @[tr...]

I am glad you caught it at 70 days and it is a low dose, as well as being conscious of the importance of a taper to minimize the stress of withdrawal.

Itchy is a common symptom.

Withdrawal symptoms vary. In terms of making the symptoms lesser during a taper, the best thing is diet, exercise, and equipping yourself with knowledge.

Reading all potential symptoms can magnify anxiety (during withdrawal it's good to keep that in mind), it is best to have a support system; you may find the first thing you google is a lot of rehab clinics and detox centers near you giving you information; I am not too keen on those.

I rely on the ashton's manual and information I find here.

I too was on Xanax, but roughly 3 years ending at a steady 4mg.

Good luck on your taper and I congratulate you on your awareness and courage to get off this darn thing!

So you tapered from 4mg to 0 in a week and a half ?

[Js...]
Posted (edited)

@[tr...] it was forced and not ideal. Xanax is very powerful.

The 1.5 weeks of taper were difficult. The 15 days of being sober were hell.

The withdrawals were almost unbearable. Hallucinations kicked in, there were days I only got one hour of sleep.

Age, medication history, and physical condition are important to consider. Then I move on to duration and dosage. Everyone is different when it comes to timeline of recovery, that's the crazy thing about the devil's pill.

When I was in my 20's, even taking one football (bar / 4mg) would make me call out work for a day or two.

4mg daily for almost 3 years was a gamble for me, possibly why I was on it for so long. I was afraid of the withdrawals. 

Please do follow Pamster's advice in your taper plan and schedule.

Edit:

Added the word daily / 15 days sober / timeline of recovery

Edited by [Js...]

[tr...]
22 hours ago, [[J...] said:

@[tr...] it was forced and not ideal. Xanax is very powerful.

The 1.5 weeks of taper were difficult. The 15 days of being sober were hell.

The withdrawals were almost unbearable. Hallucinations kicked in, there were days I only got one hour of sleep.

Age, medication history, and physical condition are important to consider. Then I move on to duration and dosage. Everyone is different when it comes to timeline of recovery, that's the crazy thing about the devil's pill.

When I was in my 20's, even taking one football (bar / 4mg) would make me call out work for a day or two.

4mg daily for almost 3 years was a gamble for me, possibly why I was on it for so long. I was afraid of the withdrawals. 

Please do follow Pamster's advice in your taper plan and schedule.

Edit:

Added the word daily / 15 days sober / timeline of recovery

I took a bout .125 Friday and havnt took any since. It's been uncomfortable, itchy skin , racing heart ,raised,blood pressure , shaking, anxiety,  keep telling my self  I will be ok.to calm my self down. Not sure if it was the right thing to do but just want to stop and get it over with asap..I'm not feeling like I'm craving  it.. iv been getting sleep taking magnesium and l thianine  at night i wake up alot but do get sleep.. I have a hard time motivating my self to get out bed to face the day . At 1130 am today will be 3 days with out xanax . 

• 2 weeks later...
[Be...]

@[tr...] Hi. Just came around this thread. Have you been able to cope with this very quick taper? I am a bit of the same profile - Xanax 0.25 for 30 days and I want to get over this very quickly in 3 days with very quick taper.

[tr...]
21 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[tr...] Hi. Just came around this thread. Have you been able to cope with this very quick taper? I am a bit of the same profile - Xanax 0.25 for 30 days and I want to get over this very quickly in 3 days with very quick taper.

Today is day 13 off X, it's been a little uncomfortable but I feel like Wd symptoms have lessened. Iv been able to work more I stay busy the better ..I'm able to sleep a little bit better have nightmares and weird dreams. Racing heart has slowed down and shaking . Waking up with anxeity has lessoned also . Stay positive..I  think and tell my self I'm going to heal iam healing Repetitively. 

[Be...]

@[tr...]Yes you are right. To be positive and say to yourself you are healing and will heal is important. This is what's missing with me at this moment. Must overcome the negativity.

[tr...]
20 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[tr...]Yes you are right. To be positive and say to yourself you are healing and will heal is important. This is what's missing with me at this moment. Must overcome the negativity.

I listen to a audio book called " DARE The new way  to end anxeity and stop panic attacks " help me mentally a little..keeping busy and  Exercise helps me..