Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Got religious feelings back after 4 years

[Ch...]

Hey friends, just a quick update to say that I had a recovery milestone. Spirituality has always been important to me, but I was unable to have religious feelings for four years in benzo recovery. Wasn’t sure why, but a friend with a Stage 3 cancer diagnosis said she temporarily lost hers after the diagnosis due to anxiety, so I think we can have religious feelings scrambled by physiological things. But yeah, I can pray and ask the universe for guidance again and it’s improved my life a lot. I do however thank Buddhism because when I had no access to Christianity, the practice stabilized me even with that feeling of lack. If you’re feeling an existential void, it may be worth looking for grace in the little kind actions of the universe and not in feelings for the moment. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

[Bu...]

Hey @[Ch...],

I'm so glad to hear about your progress!   Celebrate and cherish those milestones!

• Like 1

[kn...]
Posted (edited)

I believe that there are as many paths to ‘god’ as there individuals in the universe. Everyone and everything is part the same universal  consciousness. He/She/ It is simply experiencing itself through all of us. Religion is simply organized spirituality. I believe there are benefits to all of them. And definitely to eastern ways of thought. 

Edited by [kn...]
  • Like 1