Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

stress panic

[jo...]

What are peoples experiences of these symptoms. Whenever you have a panic attack does it set you back. For intance if you have a panic attack in the morning is your system then revved up all day. Or does a stressful incident lead to panic or anxiety. Just wondering how the whole thing plays out for different people. I can have a stressful moment, get panicked and then feel ok not long after. Or I can get paniked and it can take me hours to settle. 

[Cr...]

I never liked the term "setback" or the phrase "set you back", although they do have applicable situations. The only true way to set yourself back is to take more benzos or benzo-like substances.

As for what you brought up, I think it all depends. When in a withdrawal wave, your symptoms are not static. A wave is a negative fluctuation during the healing process. That fluctuation can have smaller fluctuations within itself. So if you are in a rough 2 month long wave, you may have times (minutes, hours, etc) where your symptoms get even worse for no apparent reason. It doesn't mean you did anything to cause them to worsen.

If you had a panic attack in the morning and then felt worse the rest of the day, it may not have been the panic attack's fault for the length. The panic could just be your initial natural reaction to the wave (within a wave) starting to spike.

I do make it sound complicated don't I? It is actually simple. Yes sometimes we can cause setbacks (meds, alcohol, supplements) and yes we can intensify our symptoms (natural anxiety), but I think for a vast majority of the process we are just along for the ride in terms of when symptoms will dip and spike.

Using/learning coping skills during the spikes can help decrease the impact some, so we do have some ability to affect things. As long as you know the reason why your symptoms like anxiety and depression currently exist then you will have a leg up and won't get so easily consumed by fear.

• Like 2

[Kr...]
4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

As for what you brought up, I think it all depends. When in a withdrawal wave, your symptoms are not static. A wave is a negative fluctuation during the healing process. That fluctuation can have smaller fluctuations within itself. So if you are in a rough 2 month long wave, you may have times (minutes, hours, etc) where your symptoms get even worse for no apparent reason. It doesn't mean you did anything to cause them to worsen.

Thank you for this explanation ❤️‍🩹