Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Itching at night?

[Ma...]

Does anyone tapering have itching everywhere at night? I’m up like 2-6 am itching everywhere, no rash. Then when I wake up I’m itchy first few hours and get random hives. I had full MCAS and allergy workup and is negative. It HAS to be Benzos 

[Js...]

Hello @[Ma...],

Itching can be a physical withdrawal symptom, many people experience it during a taper too. The timeline of these symptoms can be different for each person.

Hives are typically harmless, but if it's unbearable, I recommend an oatmeal bath to relieve some of the unpleasantness. 

[Ma...]
1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

Hello @[Ma...],

Itching can be a physical withdrawal symptom, many people experience it during a taper too. The timeline of these symptoms can be different for each person.

Hives are typically harmless, but if it's unbearable, I recommend an oatmeal bath to relieve some of the unpleasantness. 

Thank you so much! I’ve seen like three doctors for this and noone knows what it is, so this is reassuring to know. It’s weird it’s only at night. 

[Ca...]

I have it in my foot and my derm diagnosed it as eczema and suggested Eucerine cream for eczema. I know it's from withdrawal.

Hi, @[Ma...], i had itching all over at night, preventing me to fall asleep during my taper and afterwards. I also had various issues with skin irrespectively of the itching. Both not all the time but periodically. I guess it must be connected with benzo since, by my observation, it's often the case during tapering and withdrawing. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]

Does this itching seem to come and go at regular intervals during your taper?

6 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Thanks for your response! Did it improve?? 

Yes, it improved. At least, i haven't had the itching for quite a time (touch the wood) and my skin is much better.

• Like 1