Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

This month

[Le...]

[Le...]

I am about 2.5 years out and pushing myself hard now. The harder i do the better I feel even if i have to push through the hard parts. 

Highlights this month:

Daily run over 20 laps per day. 27 yesterday. 

joined kick boxing/ jiu jitsu/ and capoiera yoga. the first two my son does too. He watches me and laughs when the women rough me up. three young women are the teachers and thoroughly humiliate me.  he encourages me by yelling at me to stop blocking or telling the instructors to double kick me. whatever that is. 

i can almost do a handstand push up in yoga / calisthenics. havent managed to not fall on my face yet but getting there and entertaining everyone.

I feel like crap many mornings still but get going and recover faster and get something good in everyday.  

Going to get every ounce of good out of life that I can even if it is harder than before. 

• Like 10
  • Love 5

[En...]
On 03/07/2024 at 19:40, [[L...] said:

I am about 2.5 years out and pushing myself hard now. The harder i do the better I feel even if i have to push through the hard parts. 

Highlights this month:

joined kick boxing/ jiu jitsu/ and capoiera yoga. the first two my son does too. He watches me and laughs when the women rough me up. three young women are the teachers and thoroughly humiliate me.  he encourages me by yelling at me to stop blocking or telling the instructors to double kick me. whatever that is. 

i can almost do a handstand push up in yoga / calisthenics. havent managed to not fall on my face yet but getting there and entertaining everyone.

I feel like crap many mornings still but get going and recover faster and get something good in everyday.  

Going to get every ounce of good out of life that I can even if it is harder than before. 

I wish you continual recovery from your courageous journey. You are very strong and will succeed. 

[Th...]

I love to read this. I’m still tapering but try to run 3km each day and meditate if I can. Not to your level yet but eventually. The run takes me out of withdrawal for a little bit. Powerful stuff,

[Rh...]

Loved reading this!!!! If there is one thing I miss the most, other than my health, it’s soccer and pushing myself to be better and better.  Knowing you’re pushing yourself in the same ways (different sports) is encouraging.  I just hit my year off mark on July 14th and have a lot of healing ahead of me still.

Thank you for your story!

• Like 1

[Th...]

2.5 years here too, whilst I have regularly thought I'd be over it by now it does feel like I'm getting somewhere. I'll also feel bad most mornings but if I just get going I'll likely be able to get something out of the day like OP says without dwelling too much on the negative symptoms.

I have tried a fitness regime involving sit-ups/stretches etc a couple of times, soon as I push it I seem to induce a horrible wave for a few days, irritability particularly flares up. Am therefore trying to avoid stress like this, cycling is my go-to and do enjoy any activity based exercise like the capoeira etc the OP mentions.

Surely not that long to go now...🤞

[Re...]
On 03/07/2024 at 17:40, [[L...] said:

Highlights this month:

Thank you for sharing this. I have not worked out in almost two years. That is the longest I have gone. I look forward to the day that I can post something like this. Please keep posting!!