Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

stuck at dose for at least 2 months

[ba...]

I am really struggling with my current dose, it has not settled, and I am having a lot of sxs and adverse effects. Usuallly, I would of made another cut or 2 by now. I am stuck. This cut is the definition of tolerance. Went back to my previous cut, adding .125 to each dose  for a while, but the benefits were negligable, and the step back to my prior cut  started to paradox, I had to go back to 5.25 from 5.625.

Have made an experimental cut a few times, it did not go well.

I also know that it is best not to cut when one is not stable.

I have been at this a long time, and am really frustrated. I got stuck for 2 years when I was floxed 3x in a row for a serious infection. Since then, my taper has been a crawl, however usually I can cut in 3-4 weeks. 

Current dose is 5.25 xanax a day, split into 3 doses. 3 doses works better for me than 4, in case someone offers that suggestion.

Sucking it up, especially the adverse doses, is almost impossible. 

[je...]

Hi @[ba...]

I have so much compassion for the pain you’re in. You probably know much more about tapering and your situation than I do because you’ve been at it for so long. I’ve been reading your Progress Log and I think you’re in catch 22. With the tolerance and paradoxical reactions I think you’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t. I’m not saying this to discourage you but rather to say I understand you’ve been doing your best to manage it.

I really don’t know what to offer you other than keep cutting to get this drug out of your system that is making you so sick. But obviously as you said it’s too painful to suck it up. I’m sorry I don’t have much more to offer. I didn’t want your post to go unanswered. I do understand you’ve tried really hard to manage your situation and you don’t deserve this pain. :hug:

• Like 1

[Ca...]

Oh baddove --- this has to be so frustrating. I am no expert but is there any percentage you can microtaper so that you will at least feel you are moving forward?

[Mo...]
37 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Oh baddove --- this has to be so frustrating. I am no expert but is there any percentage you can microtaper so that you will at least feel you are moving forward?

As Carol said, try to microtaper because you need to start getting this out of your system. Before I started my micotaper, I was holding in tolerance WD and feeling terrible. Yes, I'm having symptoms, but I feel some better because I know this poison is leaving my body. I wish you the best.

[vo...]

@[ba...] I was on 6mg of Xanax for years, taking 2mg 3X a day, so that was my norm. I tapered for 2 weeks to get off that poison. I never should have come off so quickly. A lot of different withdrawal symptoms for the last 12 months and yesterday was the best day I've had with minimal symptoms. I hope I'm at the tail end. Keep doing what you're doing to taper down! 

• Like 1

[ba...]
Posted (edited)

Thanks for responding. My highest on this was 9 mg.(3x3mg) Its never been easy. I got floxed x3, about 6 weeks near the begining of my taper, and now I know that I was thrown into ct by that experience. I could not taper for 2 years after that. I have always known that experience caused a lot of harm.

CarolJean, Im coming off of a failed updose, so, considering it a new cut, although I initially made it a while back. As to the others who suggested micro tapering, I tried it before,  and it didn't really work. I think its because I start to paradox, and my cns wants a full cut it can feel to get me out of that.

I will just keep going. I did have a good day on the 3ed, so I know its possible to rebound out of this. Yesterday was really bad. The adverse effect hit on dose 3. Again dose 2 this morning. An adverse dose is not the same as a paradox, its similar, but I think that its tolerance. Dont really know.

Cutting next dose, will see if it "takes" and the adverse reaction stops. If not, back to the usual dose.

Jellybaby, you are spot on. Im betweeen a wall and a wall as i go through this.

voluntas, i am tempted, often, to just go CT, but  I dont want to completely lose my functionality.

Edited by [ba...]
  • Like 1